Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70041 by southsound
Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Great find! Thanks for sharing.
#70185 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am
That's how I got mine!
#70368 by ooma-fan
Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm
Great deal, thinking about getting one more hub

EricJRW wrote:That's how I got mine!

Eric, do you see any Refurb label on your Hub?
#70375 by EricJRW
Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 pm
ooma-fan wrote:Great deal, thinking about getting one more hub

EricJRW wrote:That's how I got mine!

Eric, do you see any Refurb label on your Hub?

I did not look super close, but I saw no indication that it was a refurb... It came in a very new black box, wrapped up like a new retail unit, and had it not been described at buy.com as a refurb, I would never have known it.

Next time I am next to the hub, I will take a closer look to see if anything indicates refurb.
#70487 by ooma-fan
Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:44 pm
I saw the refurb hub deals floating around with big discount, just can't believe there were such huge amount of refurb hubs there. My guess is OOMA might dump the new hubs as discontinued product, and give 'good' excuse of the price cut....
#70493 by EricJRW
Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:07 am
ooma-fan wrote:I saw the refurb hub deals floating around with big discount, just can't believe there were such huge amount of refurb hubs there. My guess is OOMA might dump the new hubs as discontinued product, and give 'good' excuse of the price cut....

Based on the condition and packaging of my hub, that's what I was thinking too... At the time I did not know about the telo, which may be another reason ooma is getting rid of hubs (but scouts are damn hard to find and going for big bucks on ebay).
#70501 by allo
Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 am
EricJRW wrote:
ooma-fan wrote:I saw the refurb hub deals floating around with big discount, just can't believe there were such huge amount of refurb hubs there. My guess is OOMA might dump the new hubs as discontinued product, and give 'good' excuse of the price cut....

Based on the condition and packaging of my hub, that's what I was thinking too... At the time I did not know about the telo, which may be another reason ooma is getting rid of hubs (but scouts are damn hard to find and going for big bucks on ebay).

PRICE is $120 now...
Do they include a scout with the hub?
I guess not from the Pic.
Attachments
HUB.JPG
HUB.JPG (27.61 KiB) Viewed 3051 times
#70508 by EricJRW
Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 am
I did not get a scout with my buy.com purchase.
#70509 by allo
Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:49 am
EricJRW wrote:I did not get a scout with my buy.com purchase.

That is probably the reason why they are labeling it as "Refurbished" (even though the Hub appears to be new), because originally the package included a scout!