Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#4829 by Pandora
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm
It would be nice to have an HTTP port 80 access to the Ooma hub when it is run behind the router and behind a firewall.

Either the Ooma hub could detect it is behind a router and firewall automatically and open port 80 for it's web server, or it could be enabled by clicking a box in setup.ooma.com when a PC is behind an Ooma device.

Currently I have 2 Ooma devices sitting behind my router, and would like to access them as necessary from the PC I use to control most of the network devices in my home. A mandatory password to logon via LAN would be a great idea.
#4873 by bmice
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm
Pandora wrote:It would be nice to have an HTTP port 80 access to the Ooma hub when it is run behind the router and behind a firewall.

Either the Ooma hub could detect it is behind a router and firewall automatically and open port 80 for it's web server, or it could be enabled by clicking a box in setup.ooma.com when a PC is behind an Ooma device.

Currently I have 2 Ooma devices sitting behind my router, and would like to access them as necessary from the PC I use to control most of the network devices in my home. A mandatory password to logon via LAN would be a great idea.

i agree! we are able to do some snmp stuff with ours (we have 2 at the moment) via snmp mgmt software and we can see the network info for him.

i doubt they will provide this unless they come up with some sort of sdk support for folks wanting to brand or have their own support of the product