Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#4827 by Clifftr
Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 am
The Multi-Ring feature is great, but make it GREATER by making it available to us through ooma’s phone menu when we call our ooma phone number! This would be a VERY convenient feature for those many times we leave the house and forget to enable/disable Mulit-Ring from the ooma lounge, and don’t have access to the internet from where we are.

Anyone agree that this needs to be a MUST feature?
#10754 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 am
i don't see the usefulness of this request.

if you setup Multi-Ring, you can just leave it alone.
example, i setup MR to my cell phone.
if i'm mobile, the cell phone will ring.
if i'm at home or office, the cell phone also rings simultaneously with the Ooma phone.
i just don't pickup the cell phone.
if i'm not mobile, i use Ooma phone.
if i'm mobile, then, i use cell phone.
set it up one time and leave it alone.

i think it's more cumbersome to activate and de-activate the feature all the time.

when i was using landline, i have CALL FORWARD which i have to call a special number to have the calls forwarded to my cell.
sometimes, i forgot to de-activate it and my cell still rings when someone calls the main line.

anyhow, just my 2 cents.
MR is a perfect system right now.
#10770 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:34 am
It does seem like a massive pain. Would it be better to suit the needs the OP is asking for if the multi-ring could be a priority order of numbers to call rather than all at once? That might be a good compromise between convenience and what I think many of these recent requests for call forwarding/multi-ring are getting at.

Cheers,
Scott
#10783 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 am
Would it be better to suit the needs the OP is asking for if the multi-ring could be a priority order of numbers to call rather than all at once?

this is a bad apple in itself.
most caller won't wait for your 20th rings. :-)
most caller will hang up by the 6th or 7th rings. :-)

imagine your main number set to ring 5 times.
if no answer, then, ring 2nd number for 5 times.
if no answer, then, ring 3rd number for 5 times.
that's 15 rings so far. :-)

MR with the current system solved this problem.
i setup mine to go to VM after the 5th ring.

I think many of these recent requests for call forwarding/multi-ring are getting at.

i think it's the BASIC users requested it for CORE feature.
people need to understand about Ooma.
Ooma cannot stay in business if it doesn't generate revenue somehow!! :-)
and for $12 a month with Premiere service, it's a bargain compare to what i used to pay landline and i got a lot more stuff with Ooma than my landline.
#10820 by scottlindner
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:45 pm
sokha wrote:this is a bad apple in itself.
most caller won't wait for your 20th rings. :-)
most caller will hang up by the 6th or 7th rings. :-)

Good point. I didn't think about it that way.