Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#74425 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:24 pm
kieranmullen wrote:Tested as working

gotfreefax.com
Your fax has been sent successfully.
Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:17 PM

onesuite.com
Date & Time Received : Friday, February 4, 2011 2:17:08 PM GMT-08:00

I can send/receive fine when I use the fax machine at home. Not when I use the Cannons from work. I suspect it has to do with the fax machine types? The scary part is the handshakes go through without issues ie "Result: OK" but OneSuite never forwards the faxes to me. Who knows how many different kinds of machines OneSuite has troubles with.
#74434 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:48 pm
lbmofo wrote:My work is using Cannon Super G3 fax machines (tried 3 different machines; all sent successfully but OneSuite didn't forward any).

For those of you with OneSuite fax service, you may be missing incoming faxes and don't even know it.

These Canon Super G3 Laser Class 9000L are all over my workplace. These don't work with OneSuite.

CannonSuperG3.jpg
CannonSuperG3.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 3299 times
#74438 by kieranmullen
Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm
You know you are quoting and replying to yourself right? Slow night? :-p

lbmofo wrote:
lbmofo wrote:My work is using Cannon Super G3 fax machines (tried 3 different machines; all sent successfully but OneSuite didn't forward any).

For those of you with OneSuite fax service, you may be missing incoming faxes and don't even know it.

These Canon Super G3 Laser Class 9000L are all over my workplace. These don't work with OneSuite.

CannonSuperG3.jpg
#74440 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:10 pm
kieranmullen wrote:You know you are quoting and replying to yourself right? Slow night? :-p

LOL. Sometimes, it is better this way. Nothing gets lost in translation.
#74469 by oomg
Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:49 am
lbmofo wrote:I've seen many folks talk about this OneSuite fax service....recently, a need for a temporary dedicated fax line came about so I initiated service with OneSuite. Relatively painless....$10 account startup balance and then subscribed to their basic incoming fax service for $1 a month.

Got a local fax number (carrier is Pac-West; probably irrelevant) and sent myself a couple of test faxes with "success" confirmations by the sending machines. Nothing for a few hours so I called CS, they said to wait for a few more. :?

After I went home from work (almost 12 hours later), still nothing so I called again. I was very surprised that their CS has no visibility to what faxes are in the queue for their fax numbers. They told me to wait again. ???

Then I sent test faxes using my home fax (via Ooma Hub); got them immediately in my inbox so I thought they fixed whatever was wrong.

Came back to work this morning and sent myself another test fax using work fax. Nothing again. :(

Called CS and they didn't have any answers other than...just wait sir, we'll have our technical dept monitor and find out what the issues are and report back 24 hours later. ?????? :? When I asked if there were other options, they offered to swap my fax number so I tried that.....after a few hours, I tried to test fax again. Nothing again. My work is using Cannon Super G3 fax machines (tried 3 different machines; all sent successfully but OneSuite didn't forward any).

I've signed up with MyFax (30 day free trial); they work fine. MyFax number I got says Level 3 Communications (probably irrelevant).

I am a bit surprised to hear this as I have yet (in approximately 18 months) to have anyone claim that a fax has been sent that I have not received. Like you, I tried several tests to confirm service and all have been positive. As far as MyFax is concerned, they acquired the efax service from Packetel who had been my original efax service provider. In September, 2009, I got the following email from MyFax/Packetel:

"Dear [soon to be former customer],

On September 19th, Packetel's Internet Fax Service became a part of MyFax. MyFax is the world's fastest growing Internet Fax service with over 300,000 subscribers and has been rated the #1 online Internet fax service by TopTenREVIEWS™ for 4 consecutive years. Over the coming weeks, we will be transitioning your Packetel pFax account to a MyFax account. This transition will in no way, at any time, impact the delivery of faxes.

Here is some important information about the transition:

Over the next 60-days, pFax accounts will be migrated to MyFax giving you access to additional features, such as the ability to send faxes by email, at no extra cost. Once the migration has occurred, you will receive a test fax as a confirmation by email.

In order to ensure that faxes continue to be delivered to your inbox, please add 'noreply@myfax.com' to your email safe senders list and address book.

Reminders will be sent by email when your subscription is due for renewal.

Your subscription rate will remain unchanged. (The limit on incoming faxes shown on the MyFax web interface does not apply to Packetel pFax customers.)

For more information, please click here.

MyFax is pleased to offer customers support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We can be reached by email at pfaxsupport@myfax.com or by phone at 1-866-802-2250.

Thank You,

The MyFax and Packetel Teams"

You will note that the email said the rate was not supposed to change, but it did. I had been paying $3.95 per month for unlimited incoming faxes through Packetel. The price was increased to $10 per month with some limitation on both incoming and outgoing faxes. O.K., I really don't fax that much, and the incoming quality is excellent (as is OneSuite), so the $10 although a bit annoying (in light of their representation that price would be the same) was not such a big deal.

However, after reading the terms and conditions in the MyFax agreement, I decided to look elsewhere.

"14. JURISDICTION AND GOVERNING LAW

You agree that these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario (except its choice of laws rules), and you hereby consent and attorn to the jurisdiction of such province and agree that all disputes shall be tried in the city of Ottawa, Ontario. You expressly waive any right, and agree not to have any dispute under the Terms tried or otherwise determined by a jury, except where required by law." (Emphasis added.)

Packetel was based in California, USA. Now, I understand that many states will not enforce such choice of law/choice of venue provisions, but then again, MyFax is not in the USA. Rather than risk having to visit Ottawa, Ontario, I found OneSuite; a Los Angeles California based operation. Since I live within 12 miles of downtown L.A., it just made sense. And the rest is history as one might say. Service for me has been excellent, and overall, the price is less that one-half of that charged by MyFax. I recently replenished my OneSuite account. My initial $50 deposit lasted more than one year.

As far as lbmofo's experience is concerned, I wish I had an explanation and/or resolution, but I don't. I do recognize him as one of the more knowledgeable forum contributors, and I don't doubt he gave OneSuite a fair test, but then again, there have also been a few Ooma subscribers who just have not been able to get the service functioning right. I guess it is just the nature of the electronics beast.
#74484 by lbmofo
Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 am
This morning, I got a response from OneSuite Customer Service after their investigation:

OneSuite CS wrote:Dear Mr. So and So,

This email is with regards to the request that you have forwarded to OneSuite with reference #616XX. Please be advised that according to our Technical Department they have already checked the faxes that went through our system from 2/3/11 until today for any faxes that came from any number that starts with 425 XXX....but they did not find anything.

Should you have additional questions for clarification, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-866-417-8483.

Respectfully yours,
Norylin Tolentino
OneSuite Customer Service

I think this is not good at all. I have close to a dozen faxes using different Canon machines from work successfully xmitted but OneSuite apparently just dropped them to the floor.
#75568 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:41 am
lbmofo wrote:This morning, I got a response from OneSuite Customer Service after their investigation:

OneSuite CS wrote:Dear Mr. So and So,

This email is with regards to the request that you have forwarded to OneSuite with reference #616XX. Please be advised that according to our Technical Department they have already checked the faxes that went through our system from 2/3/11 until today for any faxes that came from any number that starts with 425 XXX....but they did not find anything.

Should you have additional questions for clarification, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-866-417-8483.

Respectfully yours,
Norylin Tolentino
OneSuite Customer Service

I think this is not good at all. I have close to a dozen faxes using different Canon machines from work successfully xmitted but OneSuite apparently just dropped them to the floor.

Wow! I hope they didn't really refer to you as Mr. So and So. Again I am surprised, and have no explanation or resolution to offer other than what would appear to be a glitch in OneSuite's system. Most faxes i receive are from SoCal. However, I do receive occasional faxes from all over the country. I would be interested in attempting to determine whether the faxes that you cannot receive would be received on my system. If we can communicate off forum, I will be happy to provide my OneSuite fax number for test purposes.
Edit: I just sent you an email with contact information.
#75714 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm
Thank you oomg. Test faxes sent and email of txn log sent. Hope your number gets better results. OneSuite did drop my first number and gave me another fax number (in the same area code though) to try but it still wasn't a go for me.