Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#69798 by RichieRich
Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:36 pm
Since I've never been able to get my fax machine to handshake with other fax machines through Ooma, how about just adding an integrated Internet fax feature to the Ooma service line-up via maybe Bluetooth and some client software. Some of us still have to use a fax so why not add it (similar to eFax)? As far as configuring the Ooma for faxing, the configuration is really straight forward but it just doesn't work. I've been trying for months and then I just wait to fax from my office the following day since it just won't handshake into a successful transmission.
#70172 by Shawn
Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 am
Am I missing something? I can connect my computer with a phone wire to my household Ooma network and fax away. I do that all the time. I have not used it to receive fax since I don't have the need yet.
#70989 by oomg
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:04 pm
I have used OneSuite eFax for more than a year. If all you need is incoming it costs as little as $1.00 per month; faxes will be sent to a single email address. For 2.95 per month incoming faxes will be sent to five designated email addresses, and outgoing faxes (with complete copy delivery verification) can be sent via computer as PDF attachment for 2.5 cents per page. Almost flawless (their system was down for a couple hours one afternoon) since I started their service.
http://www.onesuite.com/products.asp
#70990 by kieranmullen
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:15 pm
If you need to forward the email to more than one address setup a free gmail email account and setup an email filter which will do the same thing for free to more email addresses. Outgoing is free for me too using the aforementioned services.

oomg wrote:I have used OneSuite eFax for more than a year. If all you need is incoming it costs as little as $1.00 per month; faxes will be sent to a single email address. For 2.95 per month incoming faxes will be sent to five designated email addresses, and outgoing faxes (with complete copy delivery verification) can be sent via computer as PDF attachment for 2.5 cents per page. Almost flawless (their system was down for a couple hours one afternoon) since I started their service.
#71010 by oomg
Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 am
kieranmullen wrote:If you need to forward the email to more than one address setup a free gmail email account and setup an email filter which will do the same thing for free to more email addresses. Outgoing is free for me too using the aforementioned services.

I will definitely check it out. Since I am a professional who is required to send faxes occasionally and receive faxes on a fairly regular basis, I will probably stick with OneSuite as it helps maintain a professional image, it provides the requisite confirmation of receipt, and it returns a complete copy of what was sent with that confirmation. However, I have friends and family who have no concerns about image, etc., and I will pass the word on to them.
#74421 by lbmofo
Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 pm
oomg wrote:I have used OneSuite eFax for more than a year. If all you need is incoming it costs as little as $1.00 per month; faxes will be sent to a single email address. For 2.95 per month incoming faxes will be sent to five designated email addresses, and outgoing faxes (with complete copy delivery verification) can be sent via computer as PDF attachment for 2.5 cents per page. Almost flawless (their system was down for a couple hours one afternoon) since I started their service.

I've seen many folks talk about this OneSuite fax service....recently, a need for a temporary dedicated fax line came about so I initiated service with OneSuite. Relatively painless....$10 account startup balance and then subscribed to their basic incoming fax service for $1 a month.

Got a local fax number (carrier is Pac-West; probably irrelevant) and sent myself a couple of test faxes with "success" confirmations by the sending machines. Nothing for a few hours so I called CS, they said to wait for a few more. :?

After I went home from work (almost 12 hours later), still nothing so I called again. I was very surprised that their CS has no visibility to what faxes are in the queue for their fax numbers. They told me to wait again. ???

Then I sent test faxes using my home fax (via Ooma Hub); got them immediately in my inbox so I thought they fixed whatever was wrong.

Came back to work this morning and sent myself another test fax using work fax. Nothing again. :(

Called CS and they didn't have any answers other than...just wait sir, we'll have our technical dept monitor and find out what the issues are and report back 24 hours later. ?????? :? When I asked if there were other options, they offered to swap my fax number so I tried that.....after a few hours, I tried to test fax again. Nothing again. My work is using Cannon Super G3 fax machines (tried 3 different machines; all sent successfully but OneSuite didn't forward any).

For those of you with OneSuite fax service, you may be missing incoming faxes and don't even know it.

I've signed up with MyFax (30 day free trial); they work fine. MyFax number I got says Level 3 Communications (probably irrelevant).