Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#4756 by skiptio
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 am
I'd like to have the ability to send a fax reliably. Longer faxes too. I've tried the *99, changed the baud rate, and disabled correction mode and still can't do it. I have many friends and family members that won't by ooma because they need that option to be reliable.
#4763 by Pandora
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:47 am
If you just need to send faxes, you may wish to consider box.net. They provide a free account where you can store up to 1 GB of data, and they permit free faxing of files to any U.S. destination.

I'm not affiliated with box.net. I'm a user of box.net for outgoing faxes.
#4814 by koehn
Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 am
Pandora wrote:If you just need to send faxes, you may wish to consider box.net. They provide a free account where you can store up to 1 GB of data, and they permit free faxing of files to any U.S. destination.

I'm not affiliated with box.net. I'm a user of box.net for outgoing faxes.

Thanks! For inbound faxes, I have a private fax number from OneSuite.com, which costs a buck a month. OneSuite also has cheap international calling rates, some of which are less expensive than Ooma's.

Likewise, I'm only affiliated with OneSuite as a satisfied customer.
#4884 by runagun
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 pm
I would also suggest after u dial *99 to put a pause(P) between that and the number. So it looks like this *99p4805554521. I've had good luck with this when I send short and long faxes