Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#69277 by torahron
Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 am
I want to set my 90 year old Mother up with Ooma. She has 2 extensions in her home. Because of her difficulty in learning anything new I MUST use her existing phones (she could never cope with having to press "talk" & "end") The primary phone is no problem because it can plug directly into the Ooma base unit. I need a second extension into which to plug her second phone. The connection is VOIP & I can't use a cordless. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ron
#69487 by nn5i
Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 am
You can plug any number of telephone instruments into the back of a Telo or Hub. If there are more than one you'll perhaps need a splitter from Radio Shack or somewhere, a couple bucks at most. Make sure you get the kind that is for a one-line system, not the kind that is for a two-line system.
#69553 by tommies
Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm
nn5i wrote:You can plug any number of telephone instruments into the back of a Telo or Hub. If there are more than one you'll perhaps need a splitter from Radio Shack or somewhere, a couple bucks at most. Make sure you get the kind that is for a one-line system, not the kind that is for a two-line system.

What the OP needs is called 'duplex' splitter. It offers two jacks which are identical to the one it plugs into. It can also be used as an inline coupler.