Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#67247 by lzhj9k
Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:57 am
Good Morning

I puchased a new (3rd) telo handset and registered it with my Telo

I noticed the "Menu" button does not work it does not bring up the "Menu Option as the other two Handsets do

Should I re register this handset with the telo once again ??

Mike

Update

I re registered the handset with the same results "Menu" Button is totally inop......

Defective telo handset ??

Mike
#67256 by ntoy
Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:00 am
Hello Mike,

Is the display on the handset in searching mode? - If so, the menu button would not be operational. You can try removing the battery for a few minutes & re-registering it. If you still have no luck, please contact our support folks for further assistance.
#67257 by lzhj9k
Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:14 am
ntoy wrote:Hello Mike,

Is the display on the handset in searching mode? - If so, the menu button would not be operational. You can try removing the battery for a few minutes & re-registering it. If you still have no luck, please contact our support folks for further assistance.

Ntoy

The handset works,,, I get a dialtone and can make calls with it . Registration went fine the first and second time

It is just the "Menu" button is totally inop

unlike the other two handsets I have, this third one the Menu button is inop. It does not bring up the Menu on the handset display.

There is no sound when you depress the Menu button there is no response at all.

Mike
#67875 by lzhj9k
Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:19 pm
Just an update purchased a replacement handset and all went well with this replacement handset "Menu" button works fine

It registered as handset number 4 I now have 1, 2 and 4 my previous handset 3 was defective and returned

I would like to add another handset to replace the Defective #3 Wll I be able to do this or will the system think I am Maxed out at 4 handsets

Mike
#67888 by murphy
Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:21 am
lzhj9k wrote:Just an update purchased a replacement handset and all went well with this replacement handset "Menu" button works fine

It registered as handset number 4 I now have 1, 2 and 4 my previous handset 3 was defective and returned

I would like to add another handset to replace the Defective #3 Wll I be able to do this or will the system think I am Maxed out at 4 handsets

Mike

To reset the handset registration pick up the phone connected to the Telo's Phone port and dial the following sequence.

*#*#191

You can then register all of your handsets.