Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#67150 by PTS
Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:56 pm
Maybe it isn't a problem after all. Yes, the number is in the Ooma call logs but it didn't show on my Panasonic phone in the recent calls listing.

Maybe Ooma is handling the blacklisted numbers differently than in the past by continuing to block the numbers from ringing through but now showing in the call log.

Does anyone know if that is the case?

Thanks
#67151 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 pm
PTS wrote:Maybe it isn't a problem after all. Yes, the number is in the Ooma call logs but it didn't show on my Panasonic phone in the recent calls listing.

Maybe Ooma is handling the blacklisted numbers differently than in the past by continuing to block the numbers from ringing through but now showing in the call log.

Does anyone know if that is the case?

Thanks

My observation, as recent as yesterday, is that calls from blocked numbers don't show up on the call logs. Yesterday, a blocked caller was sent to VM (provisioned this way on blacklist) and left a message yet no record in the call logs.
#67162 by AZGuyJoe
Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:09 am
I did a little test.
I blocked my cell phone number and called my ooma number. The phone didn't ring and the call didn't show up on the phone log or the ooma call log.
I've had blocked numbers get through. When that happens the number appears on the ooma call log and the blocked call icon is red.
#67167 by PTS
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:35 am
Thaks lbmofo and AZGuyJoe for your observations and testing results. Yesterday's call from a blocked number (red graphic shows in call log) occurred at a time when no one was home. So it is one of those cases of, if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it . . .

I'll have to perform a similar test as AZGuyJoe to see what happens.
#68772 by renatae
Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:04 pm
ajw522 wrote:Turn on Anonymous Call Reject, and have it give callers the "Call Blocked Message". That way, if someone with a private number calls your Ooma, they will get a message saying that you do not accept calls from private numbers, and to dial *86 before your telephone number to unblock their caller-ID.


Thanks! I already had done that, and this number is not anonymous - I can see the number and the calls show up in my log as well.
#68773 by renatae
Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm
AZGuyJoe wrote:I've been having this same problem.
I just got a call (a politician robocall). When I checked my call log the number shows up there and the call block icon is red. I checked my blocked list and it's there.
I have my preferences set for continuous ring for blocked calls.
Same thing happened about a week ago.


That's exactly what was happening to me. To answer another poster, I have less than 20 people in my personal blacklist. I also had the same symptoms with a political caller, too. Don't know if it was a robocall, as I never answered. Of course, that stopped after the election.

With my calls, I was home at the time. I know they rang once, then stopped. They showed up in the log as blocked calls. I don't at all mind that they show up in my call logs, I think it should be that way. However, I do mind that the phone rings once, disturbing everyone. Especially as my hubby insists on answering the phone, then passing stuff off to me that I don't want to deal with in the first place. Which is of course, why I block numbers. :x

Other blocked calls do get blocked. It's just some which manage to get through.
#69948 by StevenD
Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm
Im having this problem as well. A number that has been on my Blacklist has been ringing on my phones every day this week. The idiot that had my number before me apparently never paid his bills.
#69950 by ntoy
Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:42 pm
StevenD wrote:Im having this problem as well. A number that has been on my Blacklist has been ringing on my phones every day this week. The idiot that had my number before me apparently never paid his bills.


Hello,

Please allow 15 minutes or so for your box to update. Afterwards, blacklist should kick in again.
#69957 by StevenD
Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 pm
ntoy wrote:
StevenD wrote:Im having this problem as well. A number that has been on my Blacklist has been ringing on my phones every day this week. The idiot that had my number before me apparently never paid his bills.


Hello,

Please allow 15 minutes or so for your box to update. Afterwards, blacklist should kick in again.


Thanks! Ill let you know how it goes.
#70859 by twburke
Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:34 am
I have also had a "blacklisted" call ring through twice yesterday (same number). I blacklisted the phone number earlier this week after receiving several calls from this number with no message left. The call appears in the call log with the red blacklisted symbol, but rang several times and I answered to personally invite them to never call me again.

BTW, it was Time-Warner Cable trying to help me "save money" by adding phone service to my "bundle" (I don't even have TW Cable).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests