Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#66102 by PTS
Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:25 pm
I have anonymous call block enabled.

This weekend I received a political campaign robo-call from a candidate for governor of California. (I already know who I'm going to vote for.) The phone number that shows in the call log for this call is 'bnts', the From column in the voice mail folder display shows 'Unknown Caller'.

Can the anonymous call block feature be expanded to filter out any calls with invalid phone numbers (ie., phone numbers that contain any characters other than '0123456789()-' )?

Thanks.
#87335 by lbmofo
Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 pm
I just got a call with "bnts" as the phone number as well.
#89552 by mhfnet
Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:26 pm
I also got a call with "bnts" as the phone even with anonymous call blocking enabled. This is the first call I've received that did not have an actual number so I'm not even able to add it to my blacklist. This could be the start of a whole rash of solicitors being able to bypass the security controls. Ooma please fix this ASAP as this is why I pay extra for Premier!
#89635 by PTS
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:25 am
PTS wrote:Can the anonymous call block feature be expanded to filter out any calls with invalid phone numbers (ie., phone numbers that contain any characters other than '0123456789()-' )?
Thanks.

As the original poster, I again ask for this to be remedied.