Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#70111 by whooma
Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:59 am
dsinternet wrote:I would not drop the cell phone. It's nice to have in case of an emergence. I use a pre-paid cell plan that cost me less then $10 per month. (I use less then 20 mins per month). I use my touch for checking e-mail and call ( when I remember the mic (3G IPod)). McD's now has free wifi so it is fairly easy to find wifi now.

Yes, you are right that a minimal cell plan is still nice to have. I am thinking of at&t's pre-paid plans. $2/day only on days of use. The only bad thing about it is that the pre-paid minutes expire if not used up in time. The nice thing is that my t-mobile phone has been unlocked and I know it works with at&t. What pre-paid plan do you have?
#70113 by dsinternet
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 am
I have Virgin Mobile. I got on a 18 cent per min plan (they no longer have that plan, but I must have locked into it). I have $15 deducted from my CC whenever my account goes below $5 or every 3 months (which ever comes first) The minutes do not expire as long as you keep making payments. I was thinking of getting their pay as you go mobile internet plan, but $99 for the usb plug hardware + the cost of internet per Mb is to much for the 3 times I would use it each year.
#70156 by Jerry_NA
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm
My wife has a pre-paid T-Mobile plan. She pays $100 (plus tax = $106) for 1,000 minutes (or text messages) that does not expire for 1 year. At her normal usage, it lasts about 9-10 months which is A Lot cheaper than even the most basic monthly plan (~$35/mo). We save money and I look good because I found it for her. :)
#70166 by whooma
Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Jerry_NA wrote:My wife has a pre-paid T-Mobile plan. She pays $100 (plus tax = $106) for 1,000 minutes (or text messages) that does not expire for 1 year. At her normal usage, it lasts about 9-10 months which is A Lot cheaper than even the most basic monthly plan (~$35/mo). We save money and I look good because I found it for her. :)

$100 for 1,000 minutes equates to 10 cents per minute. You might look even better with AT&T's 10 cents per minute plan that doesn't require you to buy so many minutes that expire. This is what I plan to do.