Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#78134 by southsound
Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am
bloominberry wrote:No I am at work and calling from work phone which is another ooma device.

lbmofo wrote:Yes, that would explain why. Multi-Ring and Call forward doesn't work if incoming call is from another Ooma. This is currently as system limitation.

viewtopic.php?t=10876#p76152

If you need to call home from work there is a workaround. Simply obtain a Google Voice number and point that number to forward to your home ooma number. Then you can call home by dialing your GV number. I believe it will work setting up GV to send the caller's CID but if not, you can set GV to send your GV number when it forwards the call.
#78138 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 am
southsound wrote:
bloominberry wrote:No I am at work and calling from work phone which is another ooma device.

lbmofo wrote:Yes, that would explain why. Multi-Ring and Call forward doesn't work if incoming call is from another Ooma. This is currently as system limitation.

viewtopic.php?t=10876#p76152

If you need to call home from work there is a workaround. Simply obtain a Google Voice number and point that number to forward to your home ooma number. Then you can call home by dialing your GV number. I believe it will work setting up GV to send the caller's CID but if not, you can set GV to send your GV number when it forwards the call.

I think SouthSound meant if you need to have multi-ring setting of home Ooma to work, call home Ooma via a GV number because calling home Ooma from work Ooma will ring the home Ooma no problem (just multi-ring setup for home Ooma won't work).

Here are the details of what SouthSound was talking about as far as GV workaround: viewtopic.php?t=11171#p77801

BTW, SouthSound, I just noticed you hit 3000 posts with above post. :)