Ooma repeatedly slips into privacy mode but no red envelope

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
southsound

Re: Ooma repeatedly slips into privacy mode but no red envelope

Post by southsound » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am

bloominberry wrote:No I am at work and calling from work phone which is another ooma device.
lbmofo wrote:Yes, that would explain why. Multi-Ring and Call forward doesn't work if incoming call is from another Ooma. This is currently as system limitation.

viewtopic.php?t=10876#p76152
If you need to call home from work there is a workaround. Simply obtain a Google Voice number and point that number to forward to your home ooma number. Then you can call home by dialing your GV number. I believe it will work setting up GV to send the caller's CID but if not, you can set GV to send your GV number when it forwards the call.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

bloominberry

Post by bloominberry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 am

Thank you! I will do more testing when I get home. Ultimately I don't want to have to forward I want the home phone to ring. :-)

Thanks again for your help!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 am

southsound wrote:
bloominberry wrote:No I am at work and calling from work phone which is another ooma device.
lbmofo wrote:Yes, that would explain why. Multi-Ring and Call forward doesn't work if incoming call is from another Ooma. This is currently as system limitation.

viewtopic.php?t=10876#p76152
If you need to call home from work there is a workaround. Simply obtain a Google Voice number and point that number to forward to your home ooma number. Then you can call home by dialing your GV number. I believe it will work setting up GV to send the caller's CID but if not, you can set GV to send your GV number when it forwards the call.
I think SouthSound meant if you need to have multi-ring setting of home Ooma to work, call home Ooma via a GV number because calling home Ooma from work Ooma will ring the home Ooma no problem (just multi-ring setup for home Ooma won't work).

Here are the details of what SouthSound was talking about as far as GV workaround: viewtopic.php?t=11171#p77801

BTW, SouthSound, I just noticed you hit 3000 posts with above post. :)
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!