Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#65495 by SMH
Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 am
I have my number that I ported in to ooma and then the extra number they gave me. Is it possible to make it so that only my ported in number shows up on peoples caller id when I make a call?
#65499 by murphy
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:41 am
SMH wrote:I have my number that I ported in to ooma and then the extra number they gave me. Is it possible to make it so that only my ported in number shows up on peoples caller id when I make a call?

That is the default condition.
#65501 by SMH
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:56 am
Well each call I've made so far is showing the ooma number when I call. I would prefer the number I potted in shows.
#65502 by southsound
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 am
In my.ooma.com under the Preferences / Privacy heading you will find a dropdown box that allows you to set the outgoing caller ID. murphy is correct as the system does default to the first number - but it seems like you kept your ooma number and had the ported number set as your secondary number. It doesn't really matter - just select the one you want to use and be sure to click Save. It takes a few minutes for the change to take effect.
#65503 by SMH
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:21 am
southsound wrote:In my.ooma.com under the Preferences / Privacy heading you will find a dropdown box that allows you to set the outgoing caller ID. murphy is correct as the system does default to the first number - but it seems like you kept your ooma number and had the ported number set as your secondary number. It doesn't really matter - just select the one you want to use and be sure to click Save. It takes a few minutes for the change to take effect.

Thanks. Switched it and that did the trick.