Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#65441 by renatae
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:46 am
I've had problems earlier calling my mother and was on the phone with tech support who told me to change my configuration, which I did. He had me disconnect from the router and I got through once. He told me to change the settings on my router, which I changed all that were accessible. I hooked back into the router. At first, I couldn't call my mother, but I found I had hooked up one of the cables wrong, so I changed that. After which I was able to talk to my mother one more time. However, since then, I can't get through.

We had a power outage, which may have occurred between these two attempts, but I'm not sure. I rebooted everything afterward. This is the only number I haven't been able to reach - I can reach my brother in the same area code. I've also tried 10 digit dialing but that doesn't work, either.

She's on Comcast Voice, or whatever they call it. Very frustrating as she is ill and elderly and I live far away.
#65460 by ntoy
Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm
Hello,

Can you call other 330 numbers like a pizza or grocery store?
You will need to have a list of recent call examples to this number.
Then contact our support folks & have them reopen CS-66878.
#65970 by renatae
Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm
Thanks ntoy - I didn't see a notification of your response and just found it. I can always call my brother in the 330 area code, even minutes after trying to contact my mom. Will try some other numbers there. Don't know that the pizza people will appreciate it, LOL.

This week I had another problem on Monday - calling and receiving calls from an appliance service. When I called them, I just heard a few rings, then nothing. They received my call, but not sure what they heard. They tried to call me from both a cell phone and a regular phone and the calls did not come through to me. Not on my call log either. They are both in my own area code of 847. I was able to call my cell a few minutes later without problem, and earlier in the day I had received a call. I went and rebooted everything, then we could communicate with the appliance place. What happened?

Thanks for your response!
#69748 by renatae
Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 am
Update - sometimes I can get through to my mom, and sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can't get through to her even from my cell phone. She has Time-Warner cable and this continues to be a thorny issue. I also have had intermittent problems with different businesses being unable to contact me or understand my messages.
#69760 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:58 pm
Troubleshoot:
It would be interesting, if during the times that you are having this problem, if you could have someone else that lives fairly close to you, that also has an Ooma phone system, to call with their Ooma phone system, the same numbers that you are having difficulty getting through to, for a test. The results of this action may isolate weather the problem is only with your Ooma phone system setup, a problem with all Ooma phone systems, or maybe a problem with the phone(s) on the other end?