Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#64088 by renatae
Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:54 pm
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to use the intercom between the Telo handset and the Panasonic handsets? I have a KXTG6053S set.

I have a flash/call wait function on the Panasonics, as well as an Intercom/Hold button.

Also wondering if there is a way to get onto virtual line 2 (I have the Premier with the Telo) from a Panasonic handset if someone is using another Panasonic handset, or is that only possible using the Telo handset? I think I was able to answer a call on "line 2" from another Panasonic handset when one was already in use, but now I'm unsure.

Thank you!
#64092 by tommies
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:27 pm
dial *00 for the base, *01 for telo HS1, *02 for Telo HS2, etc.
From Telo hand set 1, dialing
  • *00 will ring the base, i.e any phone that connect to the base, including any phone jacks
  • *01 will get a busy tone < intercom to 'self' >
  • *02 will ring Telo hand set 2
  • *03 will ring Telo hand set 3
Also from the Telo HS you can navigate to the 'Intercom' sub menu to intercom to 'All'

To have two concurent calls, you need at least one Telo HS. Then you can flash between the two calls using either one(the Panasonic or the Telo HS). With out the Telo HS, you can only have on active call at anytime, and the other call on hold.
#64148 by renatae
Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 pm
Thanks so much!

I forgot to say I have one Telo handset and 3 Panasonic handsets. Oops.

I can answer a second call from a Panasonic handset if someone is on the other line with Premier, correct? But I need to use the Telo to dial out, correct?

Thanks again!
#64216 by rsg
Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm
tommies wrote:dial *00 for the base, *01 for telo HS1, *02 for Telo HS2, etc.
From Telo hand set 1, dialing
  • *00 will ring the base, i.e any phone that connect to the base, including any phone jacks
  • *01 will get a busy tone < intercom to 'self' >
  • *02 will ring Telo hand set 2
  • *03 will ring Telo hand set 3
Also from the Telo HS you can navigate to the 'Intercom' sub menu to intercom to 'All'

To have two concurent calls, you need at least one Telo HS. Then you can flash between the two calls using either one(the Panasonic or the Telo HS). With out the Telo HS, you can only have on active call at anytime, and the other call on hold.

Nice, thanks! My older Panasonic handsets will call the Telo HS1 by dialing *01 but not the Telo using *00. The commands you list, used on the Telo handset, properly contact other Telos or the base (*00). The Panasonic handsets just get a busy signal ... (I've tried "talk" then *00, flash then *00 then talk, etc....to no avail). Is there a way to get the Panasonics to intercom into the Telo or Telo HS?
#64224 by renatae
Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:10 pm
My Telo base has my Panasonic base hooked into it, which I assume yours does as well to make all the Panasonics work. After I saw Tommies response yesterday, I found that *00 rings my Panasonic that is hooked into the Ooma base, and, as you both said, *01 will ring the Telo HS.You should still be able to use your Intercom button on the Panasonics to communicate between them.