Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#63159 by Lisa
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 am
I can hear the call ringing in my headset, and also Ms Ooma answer and give and instructions on leaving a voicemail, but I can't figure out how to intercept and engage the call with my headset and mic?
#63165 by murphy
Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 am
Lisa wrote:I can hear the call ringing in my headset, and also Ms Ooma answer and give and instructions on leaving a voicemail, but I can't figure out how to intercept and engage the call with my headset and mic?

If you are talking about a bluetooth headset, when you hear the ring in the headset do a short press on the the headset's multi-function button.
#63171 by Lisa
Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:29 am
It is not a Bluetooth, but a corded set from Plantronics. I checked for any sort of buttons, but it only has volume controls.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your reply.
#63182 by Lisa
Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:53 am
lbmofo wrote:Whatever device the headset is connected to, you'd have to use that device to answer the call.

It is connected directly to the computer - is that an option somehow?

Thanks.
#63188 by Lisa
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 am
lbmofo wrote:How is your computer connected to the ooma device? I am not following.

I thought everyone's was?

Wireless Modem connected to Computer
Line from Modem to Ooma's Modem Port
Ooma is now linked to computer through Modem

Headset is directly into computer. When on, I can place calls through Gmail (perhaps other ways as well, haven't tried it), and I can also hear call coming in, I can hear the ringing and the Ooma answering - but I can't connect into the call.
#63199 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:41 am
I guess your dial-up modem in the computer is connected to the ooma phone port? I suppose the modem vendor should have some kind of software user interface for you to make and receive calls.