Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#22 by donwob
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:05 am
Currently I have a fax machine set up to receive faxes on a manual basis. Can I set up a new phone number specifically for the fax and disable the voicemail so I can have the fax in auto answer mode?
#23 by voipchick
Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:06 am
Hey there, I just added a free phone number to the smaller Ooma machine this morning! Now it only rings and leaves messages there. That will be my main phone number.

Based on what I know, my guess is that if your hub only has one phone number and you're willing to use it for faxing only, you could probably attach your fax to the back and set it to automatic pickup. But you would need to use the number on your smaller Ooma machine for all regular phone calls and stuff. And you probably couldn't add more numbers to the hub.

Not sure if that's right. But I hope it helps!! I'm really happy about my new phone number and private voicemail. Finally, a little privacy from my roommates!
#25 by Bobby B
Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:02 pm
Hi donwob, for the best fax results, we recommend you connect the fax directly to the ooma Hub. With this in mind, you can set the fax machine to be automatic if you assign your fax numbers to the ooma Hub. You should also make sure to set your Broadband Answering Machine answer time to be longer than your fax pick up time to make sure they don't conflict with each other (configurable in the ooma Lounge).

After you assign your fax numbers, you can also assign the phone numbers associated with your voice calls to one or more ooma Scouts.

A quick note: the interface for swapping moving phone numbers between devices should be available in the next few weeks.

donwob wrote:Currently I have a fax machine set up to receive faxes on a manual basis. Can I set up a new phone number specifically for the fax and disable the voicemail so I can have the fax in auto answer mode?
#34 by johnboy
Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm
Where will your customers find the posting of information on the new changes. I posted this on another forum. There seems to be no place to find "what's new". I looked in the "BLOG" for that, but that was not what it was used for. I also await software changes so I can assign my numbers. Now both of mine ring everywhere and I was told I can't change it - yet. So... where will this information be posted? May I suggest a "what's new at OOMA" page??
#47 by Bobby B
Thu May 01, 2008 6:11 pm
Hi johnboy, great idea! I think we're going to create a ooma Status and "what's new" forum. This forum will include status updates on all ooma services. It will also include further technical details on each new feature release (major and minor one's) going forward. We'll try to get this implemented within the next few days.

johnboy wrote:Where will your customers find the posting of information on the new changes. I posted this on another forum. There seems to be no place to find "what's new". I looked in the "BLOG" for that, but that was not what it was used for. I also await software changes so I can assign my numbers. Now both of mine ring everywhere and I was told I can't change it - yet. So... where will this information be posted? May I suggest a "what's new at OOMA" page??
#48 by johnboy
Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 am
Thank you Bobby.

I have an issue with online retrieval of messages. After I log in to the lounge, the system takes me to the answering machine. My mailboxes (folders) do not appear. None of my saved messages appear. I can "make them" appear by clicking preferences and then back to the other screen and 99% of the time they appear after navigating around a bit and coming back. Any ideas why that is or how to modify it?

P.S. I disagree that the "What's new" should be a forum. Why make someone LOG IN to see that? The "status page" ok... but not a "what's new" page. Besides, it's good advertizing to post what's new. Don't make customer's hunt for that. I would put it on the main page under the other left side hyperlinks.

John
#49 by Bobby B
Fri May 02, 2008 9:13 am
Hi johnboy,

Interesting on the ooma Lounge issue -- we had a bug similar to this a few months ago that was fixed. Would you be able to open a support case on this so our support/engineering teams can investigate further? I think we'll need to know what web browsers this occurs with so we can try to reproduce the problem.

Also, the "What's new" will be viewable to the public in the forum, without a login. We'll also continue to post blog entries at http://blog.ooma.com to give a high-level overview of features as well.

-Bobby

johnboy wrote:Thank you Bobby.

I have an issue with online retrieval of messages. After I log in to the lounge, the system takes me to the answering machine. My mailboxes (folders) do not appear. None of my saved messages appear. I can "make them" appear by clicking preferences and then back to the other screen and 99% of the time they appear after navigating around a bit and coming back. Any ideas why that is or how to modify it?

P.S. I disagree that the "What's new" should be a forum. Why make someone LOG IN to see that? The "status page" ok... but not a "what's new" page. Besides, it's good advertizing to post what's new. Don't make customer's hunt for that. I would put it on the main page under the other left side hyperlinks.

John
#54 by johnboy
Sun May 04, 2008 11:38 am
Bobby:

On the no-voicemail issue, I don't want to call now. One issue at a time and for now, I have both of my phone numbers on shared devices and no way to move them. When I get that straightened out (still a 2-3 week time expectancy for software adjustments???), if it is still occuring, I will make a call.

John

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests