Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#61939 by merfy
Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:13 am
I recently purchased and installed Ooma Telo. I have put in an order to port my number from Comcast. I have been able to make calls without any issues from the phone connected to my Ooma Telo, but I cannot receive calls. When I call my number using my cell phone the phone connected to Ooma does not ring. When the phone goes to voicemail it is my Comcast voicemail that picks up. I have contacted Ooma customer support via email, but was hoping someone on here might be able to help as well. The phone I have does not have an on/off button for the ringer, so I assume the ringer is on and that is not the issue. My Do Not Disturb button is blue. I have unplugged all other phones in the house in case that was an issue. I just want to know if it is normal for this to occur if I have submitted a request to port my number from Comcast to Ooma. If not, then I'm curious about what the problem might be so that I can fix it. Thanks for any help!
#61941 by ntoy
Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 am
Hello,

I see that you registered your telo with your Landline. Currently there is an open issue. I suggest for you to contact support to change you to a temp number while your number is being ported & have the calls from your Comcast line forwarded to the Ooma temp number or have a phone plugged in directly to your physical wall jack until your number ports over.