Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#61214 by taspeckhard
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:01 pm
I have had trouble reaching 2 Verizon cellphone users from my OOma. I get a busy signal (even though the person is not on their phone) - and it doesn't roll to voice mail (like it would if they were on their phone). They are in the same area code (651) as my phone . I have tried 7 and 10 digit dialing. Do I need to dial a 1 first ? Any other sugestions ?
#61379 by bw1
Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:06 am
In addition to dialing 11 digits, you could try it with or without the 10-digit dialing checkbox checked.

If you still have problems, record the date, time and number of the calls that don't connect and contact CS so they can check their logs.
#61967 by Necro
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
This is happening to me as well - needs to be resolved immediately as I can't reach family members due to this.

Note this has happened (and is happening now) with a Verizon and a AT&T cell phone number.
#61981 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:23 pm
Necro wrote:This is happening to me as well - needs to be resolved immediately as I can't reach family members due to this.

Note this has happened (and is happening now) with a Verizon and a AT&T cell phone number.

Have you had this problem for a while or is this new?
I know that if you don't enable 10 digit dialing, dialing 10 digits for numbers with same area code as your ooma would give you busy signal.
#62154 by Necro
Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:17 pm
I just noticed it happening when trying to call my wife. And I've used 10 and 11 digit dialing - no difference. 10 digit dialing is actually disabled on my account at this point.

Also, the numbers are in different area codes.
#62913 by Lilly's_Closet
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 am
Add me to that this lists also, it happening when I try to call certain Verizon Cell phone numbers from Ooma. Ironically, I have been dialing these numbers from Ooma for months without issue.