Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#60841 by angrysquirrel
Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 am
Hello folks,

I had a question for you about incoming faxes. I have the ooma core (hub and scout) with premiere service. I have two phone numbers. My preference setting is that the phone numbers are shared so they will ring both phones. Let's say someone is faxing something to me. Here are my questions:

1. If a fax is coming in on number 2 and someone else calls me on number 2 , if I pick up the phone will I be able to take the call? Would the call be received on number 1?

2. If I am sending a fax on number 2 and I pick up the phone, will ooma automatically switch me to number 1 so I don't interrupt the fax?

Thanks for your help!
#60842 by murphy
Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 am
First there is no correlation between numbers and lines.
Line 1 is the first to go into service regardless of which number is involved.
If another call is received or placed while line 1 is in use, it will use line 2.

1. You will be able to take the call. It will be received on number 2. That's the way instant second line works. Two calls on the same number at the same time.

2. It depends what the default number on your hub is set to. It will use the default number unless you precede the call with **1 to select the non-default number. With Premier, instant second line provides the ability to have two simultaneous calls on the same phone number.