Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#60581 by mikemarian1986
Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:56 am
New to ooma..and forums..Soon after (1 hour) of Telo activation, we began receiving calls.. shown as Unknown, coming on the exact minute and hour..on the hour for two days now. Rings 1 time, then stops..hearing only the music (dialtone?) when I check to see if anyone there. No voicemail either. Checked the Call Log, and it does show these calls, coming in on line 1, as Unknown, and shows them as Missed. No time duration of call, but that is when I noticed the exact hour and minute that the calls keep coming. Called support and they could not help..and saying it must be a landline AT &T issuse.

I unplugged my phone system from Telo, and have not received those calls. Any Ideas? :?:
#60582 by southsound
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:06 am
It sounds like you have chosen to use your existing landline with your Telo instead of getting a new number. This is something that ooma recommends if you are going to port your number - but it is problematic and most of us think that the integrated landline is the source of more problems than it is worth. If you did this, you will need to call ooma support and have them change your system to stand-alone with its own number. Then, if you would like your callers to reach you using your old number, just use ATT's call forward all to send your landline calls to the Telo. After porting, the ATT number will become your ooma number. This also gives you a way to check out how well your Telo will work with your Internet connection and specific situation.

If you have NOT integrated your landline, please tell us more about your setup (type of Internet service, where the system is placed in your network, etc.) and we'll try to help.
#60583 by murphy
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 am
mikemarian1986 wrote:New to ooma..and forums..Soon after (1 hour) of Telo activation, we began receiving calls.. shown as Unknown, coming on the exact minute and hour..on the hour for two days now. Rings 1 time, then stops..hearing only the music (dialtone?) when I check to see if anyone there. No voicemail either. Checked the Call Log, and it does show these calls, coming in on line 1, as Unknown, and shows them as Missed. No time duration of call, but that is when I noticed the exact hour and minute that the calls keep coming. Called support and they could not help..and saying it must be a landline AT &T issuse.

I unplugged my phone system from Telo, and have not received those calls. Any Ideas? :?:

This is usually caused by a land line voice mail system doing some kind of a poll that Ooma interprets as an incoming call.
#60590 by mikemarian1986
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:29 am
Thanks...the "Poll" sounds like the reason for the consistent inbound,,so that settles my curiosity, and SouthSound's suggestions on calling Ooma and At&t to arrange a temporary Ooma number and call forwarding will solve my problems until my old number is ported over.

THANK YOU...

Mike