Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#60555 by jrod9707
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 pm
1) My caller ID appears to say St Peters Church why would it do that?

2) More important question is I have the Telo handset and I can make outbound calls and it sounds good but it does not take inbound calls. The do not disturb(envelope icon) is not red.
Anybody have a clue about what I can try to get this working correctly?

Thanks!
#60587 by southsound
Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 am
When you activated your system did you choose to integrate your existing landline and use your current number? If so, you need to have the WALL port on your Telo connected up to a working phone jack in your home. As to the Caller ID issue, the number was probably once used by St Peters Church. When ooma provisions the number for you they put your information into a database that will eventually be read by other phone companies. The update usually takes about 10 days or so but can take longer. In the meantime, think of the fun you can have with your friends! :P

"This is Father Rosco calling - do you know how long it has been since we've seen you in church? And let's talk a bit about a believer's responsibility to contribute to the financial well-being of the parish."