Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#60206 by virgusa
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:15 pm
I cannot call one AT&T cell phone from my Ooma. I can call it if I don't go through Ooma. This is the only number so far that I have a problem with.

I get the message, "You must now dial the area code along with the 7 digit number to complete your call." I am dialing as stated. I have 10 Digit Dialing enabled on my Ooma account. I have tried dialing with and without the "1". I can dial another AT&T cell phone that has a different area code. Puzzling.....

I have the Ooma Hub and Scout and Windstream. I am in the process of porting my number.
Last edited by virgusa on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#60252 by virgusa
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:18 am
I have emailed Ooma and they have had me power off and on my Hub and it is still not able to call this number. The called party can see my call as a "missed call" even though it does not go through on my end.

I don't have any problem connecting if I go through my regular phone line after I remove the hub from my set up.
#60253 by ntoy
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:29 am
Hello,

Do you have an answering service with your AT&T landline. When you pick up your receiver connected to your Ooma, do you hear a stutter dialtone for new voicemails? If so, try disabling it or clear all of your new vmails.
#60268 by virgusa
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Do you have an answering service with your AT&T landline. When you pick up your receiver connected to your Ooma, do you hear a stutter dialtone for new voicemails? If so, try disabling it or clear all of your new vmails.

No answering service. I don't have an AT&T landline. I have Verizon. Trying to call an AT&T cell phone. I can call another AT&T cell phone with a different area code. The area code may be the problem.

Thanks for the reply.
#60320 by ntoy
Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am
Hello,

I noticed you have 2 numbers with different area codes.
Are they able to call the 2nd number?
#60323 by ntoy
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 am
Please send me a pm with recent examples of the failed calls: date, time, outbound phone number, symptom.
I assume you can call a local store like a pizza place in the same area code?
#60332 by virgusa
Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm
ntoy wrote:Please send me a pm with recent examples of the failed calls: date, time, outbound phone number, symptom.

Where is the pm link? I see an email link.
#60337 by murphy
Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 pm
The envelope is the PM link.
#60339 by virgusa
Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 pm
ntoy wrote:Please send me a pm with recent examples of the failed calls: date, time, outbound phone number, symptom.

Just sent the info. Thanks.