Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#59166 by worldtraveler
Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 pm
Over the last couple week a friend told me he's had problems getting through to my ooma phone number when he calls from his AT&T cell phone. When he uses his land line (Comcast), he has no problem what-so-ever. It has been sporadic, and if he keeps dialing from the cell after a number of tries it usually connects. Well this evening I tried calling my house from my AT&T cell phone, and could never get through to ooma. The message I would get is " Call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again." I've been able to call my ooma phone without any problems over the last month from my cell, and this was my first problem I've had. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it an ooma problem, or an AT&T problem?
#59228 by cukev
Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:27 am
Not a problem. My cell service is ATT and I call home, ooma Telo, couple times a day.
Kevin
#109155 by northernknight
Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 pm
I have this same problem lately. People keep saying that they couldn't get through. Some say it is a busy signal. I tried calling from my ATT landline the last couple of mornings and got a busy signal. When I call from my Verizon cell phone it goes right through.
#109396 by leegal
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm
I'm having the same problem. I just installed a new Telo system and my husband and i both have At&T cell phones and we can't call the Ooma telephone number without getting the message "this number is no longer in service." We never had a problem with our old Ooma telephone system. Has anyone tried to get Ooma support to help with this problem?
#109397 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm
If you just installed, assign a second number to your account. If that works, call into customer service and have them remove your non working number.
#109400 by leegal
Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm
i attempted to setup a second phone line with Ooma and it gave me a message "temporarily unavailable". Then I decided to try setting up my Ooma system by plugging the Ethernet cable directly from my modem to Ooma "Home Network" and after I did that, then I rebooted the modem and router. Now calls can be made to my Ooma home telephone from my AT&T cell phone. I no longer get a message that says "this number is no longer in service" when i try to dial my Ooma telephone.