Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#58512 by zmcmahan
Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:27 pm
Hi all. Just hooked up my Ooma Telo tonight. I applied to port my number and got a temporary number. I hooked the Ooma up to one phone in my house, and no others (they are still hooked up to landline number). When I call out from that phone, it works fine. I connect with who I'm calling. When they try to call my new Ooma number, they get a fast busy signal. Any ideas? The Ooma is hooked up behind my router and modem (I didn't want to do it in between as I am running a gigabit network).
#58518 by zmcmahan
Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:48 pm
lbmofo wrote:You don't have anything plugged into the wall port of the Telo do you?

No. The Wall port of the Telo is empty. Just a phone cord from "Phone" to the phone I'm using.
#58520 by zmcmahan
Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:57 pm
lbmofo wrote:Did you try calling your ooma using your cell?

Yes. I get "The call cannot be connected at this time. Please try again later"...or something of that nature. All lights on the Ooma are blue, if that matters.
#58525 by zmcmahan
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 pm
lbmofo wrote:Sounds like a routing issue with ooma's carrier. Unless others chime in here with other toughts, you would need to call customer service. In the meantime, setup your voicemail. https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... menu-guide I highly doubt that it is the problem but something you have to do anyway :cool:

Just setup my voicemail, and same problem. I've tried restarting the Ooma and my router...no dice. Thanks for your quick responses though. Off to clal Customer Service.
#58531 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:39 pm
The "The call cannot be connected at this time. Please try again later" sounds like a phone network type issue vs your internet, ooma device, or ooma server having issues.