Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#57647 by MsCoulter
Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 am
Hello,

I have the ooma hub and scout and opted out of premiere service. The problem is that when I try to answer a phone attached to the scout I just get the ooma dial tone. If I pick it up and hit the flash button, I also get the ooma dial tone and the caller is cut off. I am using a traditional landline phone that does not have caller ID with the scout. I am able to place calls from this phone with no problem. It just won't answer a call. Any ideas of what could be wrong? :?: TIA! --sandy
#57648 by southsound
Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 am
It sounds like you may have assigned the scout as a personal device - in other words, with its own number. You can check this in my.ooma.com
#57657 by MsCoulter
Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 am
ntoy wrote:Hello,

The account I show registered for you has core service(sinlge line).
Is there another account that has premiere service?

No sir, there is no other account. I hope you can help me. Thanks!
#57661 by ntoy
Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm
Since your number ported over to Ooma, you now have nonlandline config.

You can try connecting the scout's wall port directly to the hub's wall port:

Move the scout & scout’s power supply by the hub.
With the hub displaying a blue tab, take a phone cable & connect one end to the scout’s wall port on the back.
Take the other end & plug into the hub’s wall port on the back.
Power up the scout & allow a few minutes – the tab on the scout should turn blue.

Then try having someone call to test.
#57666 by MsCoulter
Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 pm
ntoy wrote:Since your number ported over to Ooma, you now have nonlandline config.

With the hub displaying a blue tab, take a phone cable & connect one end to the scout’s wall port on the back.
Power up the scout & allow a few minutes – the tab on the scout should turn blue.

What is the point of doing that? I need the scout upstairs, not next to the hub!
#57667 by murphy
Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm
MsCoulter wrote:
ntoy wrote:Since your number ported over to Ooma, you now have nonlandline config.

What is the point of doing that? I need the scout upstairs, not next to the hub!

That will verify that the hub scout interface is working correctly and the problem is with the wiring in your walls.
#58701 by MsCoulter
Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:08 pm
murphy wrote:
MsCoulter wrote:

That will verify that the hub scout interface is working correctly and the problem is with the wiring in your walls.

I meant to write sooner but was distracted. somehow it corrected itself and I can answer the phones on the scout...I can't explain it.