I can receive an incoming call just fine and I can have a two way conversation with no problems.
I can make an outgoing call but it is only a one way conversation. The other person can hear me but i cannot hear them. I don't hear a dial tone past the ooma jingle but the call does connect.
I am on a college campus and am on a T3 connection. The ports that ooma runs on are open. I have tried the ooma device off campus on a regular cable line but still have the same problems. I have also tried it with at least 2 different phones.
Same thing happens when using the scout.
When I press the voicemail button on the ooma hub, the light blinks (as indicating that it's playing) but nothing plays on the hub. Voicemail works fine on the ooma lounge & via the email attachments.
I've contacted support but no one had an answer for me.
So here are my requests:
1. Can a click to call system be set up online similar to Google's or Skype's Click-to-Call, where a person's phone number is entered into an input box and when the submit button is pressed, both parties are connected. This is useful in 2 situations. 1) if you dont want to give your number out online, people can just call you by typing their number and press call and it will connect them and 2) so that i'll be able to make outgoing calls given my current situation.
2. Can voicemail's be listened to by dialing in to the phone number, like for cell phones. I've tried calling my ooma lines before from my cell phone but i got a message saying that I need to call from my phone(which currently doesn't allow outgoing calls). I can't even customize my voicemail greeting.
3. More reps to answer support problems
4. A desktop application to send/receive calls, so that if you are traveling or away you can still make phone calls and receive them. The multiring feature is nice but sometimes it's nice to return a call from the same number dialed. OR How about we could call our ooma number and have the option to make an outgoing call.
Call your ooma phone number from your cell phone.dmlanger wrote: 2. Can voicemail's be listened to by dialing in to the phone number, like for cell phones. I've tried calling my ooma lines before from my cell phone but i got a message saying that I need to call from my phone(which currently doesn't allow outgoing calls). I can't even customize my voicemail greeting.
Wait until the voice mail lady starts talking.
Press the * key.
Enter your pin when requested.
It's possible that your voice mail has to be configured from your ooma phone before this will work.
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx
I think that's the problem.
If it's not blinking to indicate a new message and is held down, it forwards all calls to voicemail
1) Remove the power for the ooma device
2) Hold down the ooma tab [blue light] connect the power and hold for 30 secs until all the lights start flashing and once the flashing of all lights are done release the tab and the device will reset to factory settings.
See if this helps.
Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.