Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#57107 by dhoots
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 am
Recently, my call waiting caller id is no longer working. Anyone else having this problem or is there a feature somewhere I need to turn on?
#57155 by TemResT
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:25 am
I cant seem to get my call waiting id to work at all. Caller id shows for the first incoming caller but just makes a beeb for the call waiting caller and no id. Any help please post.
#57289 by shakoy
Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 am
You're lucky. I'm with premier for three months now but still my call waiting caller id does not work. All I can hear is the beep of the caller. Support keeps reassuring me but not working it properly to address the problem. I think 3 months is too long to troubleshoot problems. I'm using telo. :|
#57317 by southsound
Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm
I have the Telo with version 37410 firmware. My call waiting caller ID is working great. It works fine with my Telo handsets and my Uniden 1580-5 phones I have attached to the PHONE jack on the Telo. I get the beep and then the calling number and name are displayed. Not sure if I just have the right kind of phones or what, but it works fine for me.
#57884 by trademark
Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 am
I just realized that Call Waiting Caller ID isn't working for me either. I just called support and was given a ticket number and that this is a known problem for some users. Lucky me ;-) Call waiting caller ID has been around for quite a long time--I would have thought this basic feature of telephony wouldn't be an issue with any system in 2010. Hmm...

I asked for a possible ETA for a fix and I was told that there wasn't one. I like ooma, but the technology is a bit less stable than my previous 5 years of experience with Vonage. I don't think I made a mistake yet, but I hope they get their act together sooner than later before I begin to re-think my decision.
#57886 by DTMF
Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:06 pm
trademark wrote:I asked for a possible ETA for a fix and I was told that there wasn't one. I like ooma, but the technology is a bit less stable than my previous 5 years of experience with Vonage. I don't think I made a mistake yet, but I hope they get their act together sooner than later before I begin to re-think my decision.

This is a much smaller company than Vonage with a smaller revenue stream. It simply doesn't have the same resources to throw at problems when they appear. Sometimes in the process of doing engineering development work in preparation for new features, existing features will get broken. It's a compromise we all must accept in exchange for a lower monthly cost. ;)