Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#56542 by sheppd
Mon May 24, 2010 4:27 pm
My voicemail has stopped working. When an incoming call comes in, Ooma shuts off after several rings, but does not answer. The call just keeps ringing to the caller, but not at the house. Anyone know why??? Thanks in advance...
#56605 by bw1
Tue May 25, 2010 1:13 pm
sheppd wrote:My voicemail has stopped working. When an incoming call comes in, Ooma shuts off after several rings, but does not answer. The call just keeps ringing to the caller, but not at the house. Anyone know why??? Thanks in advance...

Do you have a Hub or Telo?

Did you try unplugging it and plugging back in?
#56660 by sheppd
Wed May 26, 2010 4:18 am
I have a hub and scout. Yes I have unplugged everything and started over. No luck. The house phone rings and the ooma line #1 button blinks red. After 3 rings, ooma stops blinking and nothing happens. The caller still hears the line ringing, but ooma never picks up for voicemail. I have checked the voicemail setup and everything seems good. I have not knowingly changed anything in the past. This just started happening last week.
#56661 by bw1
Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 am
You could try a factory reset on the Hub - unplug it for 30 seconds and then while pressing down on the Ooma tab, plug the Hub back in.

You could try changing the voicemail pickup time in Voicemail preferences.

You could try eliminating other networking equipment and plug just the Hub into your modem (DSL or cable) with no other equipment, like a router, connected.
#56668 by ntoy
Wed May 26, 2010 8:00 am
Hello sheppd,

I noticed your hub account is on core services & multiring is enabled due to a bug.
I manually disabled this for you.

Please allow some time for the config files to update & test again.
#56759 by sheppd
Wed May 26, 2010 6:23 pm
I tried the factory reset, but nothing seems to have changed...What should happen while I hold the ooma button down while repowering the hub?
#56800 by bw1
Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 am
sheppd wrote:I tried the factory reset, but nothing seems to have changed...What should happen while I hold the ooma button down while repowering the hub?

The Hub should reboot and reset all settings to the factory default. If you've changed anything in the setup page http://setup.ooma.com, you would need to make those changes again.
Last edited by bw1 on Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#56804 by ntoy
Thu May 27, 2010 8:18 am
Hello,

Is it working for you now? I just called & rec'd Ooma vmail greeting & left a msg.

Norm
#56816 by sheppd
Thu May 27, 2010 10:11 am
I did get your message on Ooma voicemail, but can not get the system to work again. I have called my number several times, but Ooma will not pick up. The phone rings 3 times and stops. Did you change anything? What should the hub do when I try a factory reset? I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.
#56821 by sheppd
Thu May 27, 2010 10:59 am
I now get ooma to pickup when I call from a landline...just not from a cell phone. Why would that be?