Adjust Number Of Rings Until Voicemail Picksup

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jetster

Adjust Number Of Rings Until Voicemail Picksup

Post by jetster » Thu May 20, 2010 9:23 am

You can only do this by logging on to your "My Ooma" internet account go to settings, voicemail and then
select number of rings or seconds. Unfortunately you can't turn off the voicemail as an option but can set up to
59 seconds before it does. I'm sure there are other users that don't want to use Ooma voicemail and use your own
voicemail machine instead. Just make sure your machine is programmed to pick up prior to 59 seconds.

BIG NOTE! After saving your settings you have to unplug/unpower your Ooma box for 20 seconds and then plug it
back in for the setting to change!!! Had to call support to find that out. Not found in any instructions about that critical step.

hpepper

Re: Adjust Number Of Rings Until Voicemail Picksup

Post by hpepper » Thu May 20, 2010 12:37 pm

...and one other thing. Inbound DTMF tones don't work as of yet to be able to control the answering machine remotely. (They might someday.)

OTPAutomotive

Post by OTPAutomotive » Wed May 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm trying to do this now and that feature doesn't seem to be there. Has this changed? Currently my phone is setup to ring only 3 times, and thats simply not enough.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am