Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#56061 by pablo
Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you haven't disconnected your house wiring from the Telephone company at the NIB, you should do that. Then see if you still have the same problem.

This thread talks about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6853

I finally disconnected the house wiring from the telephone company but it is still doing the same thing. Could there be something wrong with the ooma telo itself ? :(
#56063 by pablo
Wed May 19, 2010 2:36 pm
henryk wrote:Read my post on "One ring and right to voicemail"

I read your post but I'm not using a cell phone with the ooma and it doesn't even go to voicemail when someone calls.
#56068 by lbmofo
Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm
Could be but if phone hooked up to ooma directly works (rings), then I suspect house wiring more than anything. You say when house wiring connected to only 1 phone, sometimes the the phone doesn't even ring?
#56069 by pablo
Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 pm
lbmofo wrote:Could be but if phone hooked up to ooma directly works (rings), then I suspect house wiring more than anything. You say when house wiring connected to only 1 phone, sometimes the the phone doesn't even ring?

I have three phones and I tested each one at a time two of them won't ring at all and one will ring once. I had dial tone distribution for the first time about a week ago and all the phones would ring until about 3 days ago so I don't think it would be the house wiring. Perhaps I should exchange the ooma telo for another and see if the problem is still there. If it is, than it could be there is something wrong with the house wiring or something happened to the wiring within that time.
#56071 by lbmofo
Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 pm
You could do that.

My guess is that something must be jammed into one of your empty outlets or something like that; wiring in one your plates must have come loose and touching, etc... Dialtone distribution should work just as if you plugged your phone directly into ooma.