Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#55896 by pablo
Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 am
Everything was working fine and I could receive calls until yesterday when I noticed that when I receive a call one of the phones only rings once. The rest of the phones don't ring at all. I tried calling the number to the ooma telo with my cell phone it only rang once than the call was cut off. The envelope icon on the ooma is not lit so I don't think that is causing it to do that. I'm using dial tone distribution so I tried connecting a phone to the device itself and by doing this I could receive calls. I still have dial tone on all the phones using dial tone distribution and can make calls so I don't know why it doesn't work properly any more when someone calls me when it was working fine just a few days ago.
#55900 by murphy
Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 am
Disconnect all of your phones and connect them back one at a time with a test call after each phone is reconnected.
It sounds like you have a phone that is answering all by itself and then immediately hanging up.
#55930 by pablo
Tue May 18, 2010 1:22 pm
murphy wrote:Disconnect all of your phones and connect them back one at a time with a test call after each phone is reconnected.
It sounds like you have a phone that is answering all by itself and then immediately hanging up.

Thanks for your response but unfortunately it didn't work. Do you know anything else that could help?
#55933 by lbmofo
Tue May 18, 2010 1:31 pm
With only 1 phone connected to the wall, it rings once and no more? Try a different phone as the only 1 connected?

Have you done anything to the house wiring recently? Have you physically disconnected your house wiring from the phone company at the NIB?
#55955 by pablo
Tue May 18, 2010 4:22 pm
lbmofo wrote:With only 1 phone connected to the wall, it rings once and no more? Try a different phone as the only 1 connected?

Have you done anything to the house wiring recently? Have you physically disconnected your house wiring from the phone company at the NIB?

I haven't done anything to the house wiring and all the phones still have dial tone and can make calls with any of them. I tried two other phones connected by their self and those two don't ring at all. When I call my ooma # using a cell phone, it says on the call log that the call lasted 2 seconds but the phone didn't ring. I tried again and this time the call log said it lasted 1 second but didn't even ring once. All this started about 2 days ago before than everything was working fine. :(
#55958 by pablo
Tue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm
lbmofo wrote:Puzzling for sure. Did you disconnect the house wiring from the Telephone company at the NIB (outside box)?

Nope. I haven't done anything since I got everything working fine and this just started about 2 days ago. The puzzling thing is all the phones have dialtone and I can make phone calls with any phone without a problem. Also, when I connect the phone to the ooma telo itself it will ring the amount of times it is supposed to and I can receive the call. Everything had been working right for about a week. :cry:
#55960 by pablo
Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you haven't disconnected your house wiring from the Telephone company at the NIB, you should do that. Then see if you still have the same problem.

This thread talks about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6853

Thank you for all your help :) , I will see if that fixes the problem tomorrow morning.
#55998 by Gene
Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 am
I am having a similar problem. I have multi-ring enabled. The home phone rings once and the caller is immediately routed to my cell phone mailbox. I have the new feature enabled that allows me to answer with the cell phone without pressing 1 and it was working OK until yesterday.