Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#58348 by xander
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:24 pm
I just set up my ooma also. I am also in the transfer of phone numbers phase also. I have my ooma plugged into the phone jack. I can make calls out but i am not receiving any phone calls. When i call, I let it ring and the calls go to my old qwest answering machine. Any suggestions? I did the holding down the envelope til it went orange(off), and it didnt fix anything.
#58349 by fefzero
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:31 pm
I was never able to figure this out with Qwest. I did switch to Comcast for Internet and things worked better, and since my number was ported it worked OK. It's a long 4-6 weeks for that number porting (mine actually took longer for some reason), but it's worked since then. I guess my only advice is patience or get another phone plugged into a different jack.
#58361 by xander
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:39 am
K thanks, yeah may have to find a corded phone somewhere to plug into a jack so i can at least get incoming phone calls for now.
#58682 by bw1
Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 am
xander wrote:I did the holding down the envelope til it went orange(off), and it didnt fix anything.


If the envelope button is lit, then you're in "Do not disturb" mode and all calls will go to voicemail.
#58684 by xander
Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Well i finally got it to work. It was a hardware issue. The telephone wire i was using had a broken wire, which was allowing outgoing calls but not incoming calls.
#59264 by AgThorn
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:27 am
Well I don't have the 'broken wire' solution since I am using the Telos with its handsets. This do not disturb mode is really not working right for me.

I occasionally bring my Telos and handsets two counties north when we visit our daughter, so our phone #'s go with us. This works well, but perhaps contributes to the problem since it always seems to occur when we return.

The phone goes into do not disturb mode, making 'both numbers' (premium service with two numbers) NOT ring, but go immediately to the answering machine. I can hold the envelope button down and make it light, or hold it down and get it go blue again, - no matter, no change to the do not disturb, no ring problem.

In the past, I had to call Ooma and they would reset it somehow. Today being a holiday, I have to wait till tomorrow for that solution. I rebooted my machine again myself (although that is obviously done every time we move it) and still no change.

Would like to get this resolved once and for all, and not have to be dependent on having to call Ooma to resolve.

Hopefully this is on the list of program fixes they are working on for the long term!!!
#59268 by southsound
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm
AgThorn wrote:I occasionally bring my Telos and handsets two counties north when we visit our daughter, so our phone #'s go with us. This works well, but perhaps contributes to the problem since it always seems to occur when we return.

The phone goes into do not disturb mode, making 'both numbers' (premium service with two numbers) NOT ring, but go immediately to the answering machine. I can hold the envelope button down and make it light, or hold it down and get it go blue again, - no matter, no change to the do not disturb, no ring problem.

In the past, I had to call Ooma and they would reset it somehow. Today being a holiday, I have to wait till tomorrow for that solution. I rebooted my machine again myself (although that is obviously done every time we move it) and still no change.

It almost seems like your Telo is not connecting to ooma's servers when you return - and since they don't see your system, they send all calls to VM which resides on their servers. Could you share your home configuration with us? Type of ISP (cable or DSL) and how you have the Telo positioned in your network? What shows up when you go to setup.ooma.com and check the Telo's status? Have you set your Telo to use the built-in MAC? (Default is Automatic which can cause problems). Maybe we can get you going before you have to call support.
#60186 by Meredithbay
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:13 am
My mother is experiencing this same problem on her Ooma Telo device.

...sometimes, her incoming calls go directly to voicemail without ringing the phone. Of course, calls are being missed. :(

We called Ooma support (2 times, one call was dropped), and both Ooma support representatives said the same thing "press and hold the envelope button until it turn red...then press it again until it turns back to blue". They said that "sometimes it gets stuck in send-to-voicemail" mode.

They also said that this is not a widespread problem, so they do not have a bug ticket number associated with this problem -- that they would only do that if it is a widespread problem. Grrrr. After some additional pushing, they agreed to create a bug report (CS57168).

Having intermittent calls go directly to voicemail is not an option.

...having said that, overall, Ooma has been great!
#60198 by southsound
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm
Meredithbay wrote:My mother is experiencing this same problem on her Ooma Telo device.

...sometimes, her incoming calls go directly to voicemail without ringing the phone. Of course, calls are being missed. :(

We called Ooma support (2 times, one call was dropped), and both Ooma support representatives said the same thing "press and hold the envelope button until it turn red...then press it again until it turns back to blue". They said that "sometimes it gets stuck in send-to-voicemail" mode.

They also said that this is not a widespread problem, so they do not have a bug ticket number associated with this problem -- that they would only do that if it is a widespread problem. Grrrr. After some additional pushing, they agreed to create a bug report (CS57168).

Having intermittent calls go directly to voicemail is not an option.

...having said that, overall, Ooma has been great!

Does your mother have anonymous calls blocked? You can check by going to my.ooma.com and clicking Preferences / Privacy. One option in the anonymous call handling is to send the calls to voicemail - the other is to play a call blocked message. You would be surprised how many people have their outgoing CID blocked - and the missed calls could be those folks who block their CID. I believe the anonymous call block is set to on by default on some sysems.

If she does wish to use the anonymous call block on her system, it might be better to use the option that plays the call blocked message that tells the caller to hang up and dial again pressing *82 to unblock their number for the call.
#60218 by Cistern
Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Set-up my Telos today and began the porting process with Verizon. I am also currently a Verizon DSL (3MB) customer.

I'm currently able to place calls, but no calls are ringing and nothing is going into voicemail and CID is not registering any calls. I just checked that voicemail is set-up and it is.

I've read the "Do Not Disturb" button instructions and I'm still confused as to which mode is on or off. I've tried both and neither mode allowed for calls to go through. I currently have it on blue. BTW, your literature states solid or not solid - completely confusing. How about red or blue?

I'm also pretty sure I don't have anonoymous numbers blocked either.

Do I have to wait until the port is finished to receive calls?

Any suggestions?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests