Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#55189 by Daghis
Mon May 10, 2010 11:48 am
My Internet service was a bit flaky on Thursday, so when I placed a call with Ooma, I wasn't too surprised that I was disconnected not too long thereafter. What happened at that point was bad, though.

I had called in to a business conference call for a meeting we were having. Getting disconnected wasn't so bad, and I just connected back in from my land line.

On the conference call, though, I heard my Ooma voicemail start. I don't know why my disconnected Ooma line would have diverted the outgoing call into my voicemail, but it did.

Here's the embarrassing problem. After a few minutes, the Ooma lady's voice came on to the conference call and said that the recording length maximum had been reached and said "Goodbye." That was immediately followed by my voicemail greeting again. This process repeated itself (interrupting our discussions) a few times before we finally got a conference call operator on the line to disconnect the call from my Ooma line.

I don't know why Ooma routed the disconnected outbound call to my voicemail, and I don't know why Ooma didn't hang up after leaving the first message, but I now have five consecutive messages in my voicemail from that call.

As a result of all this, I'm afraid to call into work conference calls from Ooma.
#55290 by lbmofo
Tue May 11, 2010 11:37 am
Not sure where the issue lies but was thinking about this a bit. I remember when I had my landline, calling into certain systems, I experienced call backs from these systems when I hung up half way through. Maybe the conference system is calling you back after you hung up adruptly. Might want to set Forward All or Multi-Ring before getting on the conference call next time in case you drop again? This way, when the conference system calls you back while your ooma device is having issues, at least you can answer the forwarded call.
#57180 by Groundhound
Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:14 am
spiffarino wrote:Numerous calls into Ooma support have resulted in lots of promises but zero follow-through. How many times does this have to happen? How many calls do I have to make? This absolutely destroys my ability to work from home!

If you're still experiencing this problem after the recent fix, you need to provide details as requested here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56686#p56686