Calling Google Voice Number from Ooma takes too many rings

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
burnside

Calling Google Voice Number from Ooma takes too many rings

Post by burnside » Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi, Just got my Google Voice number yesterday and things are working pretty good. I have my GV calls forwarded only to my iPhone. When I call my GV number from another cell phone, GV forwards the call to my iPhone within 1-2 rings. The problem is when I use my Ooma line to call my GV number, I have to wait for about 7 rings to finally see my iPhone respond!

If I call my iPhone from my Ooma line using the iPhone's # and not my GV #, then it takes 1-2 rings for the iPhone to respond which is expected. So any ideas why it takes 7 rings to get a connection from Ooma to my iPhone using a GV #?

Oh, one more thing. I noticed that after the 6th ring the next ring seems kind of garbled. It's at that point when all of a sudden my iPhone starts to ring.

bw1

Re: Calling Google Voice Number from Ooma takes too many rings

Post by bw1 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 am

Perhaps its related to the routing through both Ooma (VoIP) and Google Voice (VoIP) and then to the cell network.

It would probably require an Ooma and/or GV engineer to trace the call through the logs to see if it's a problem on Ooma's end or on GV's end.