Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#55109 by burnside
Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm
Hi, Just got my Google Voice number yesterday and things are working pretty good. I have my GV calls forwarded only to my iPhone. When I call my GV number from another cell phone, GV forwards the call to my iPhone within 1-2 rings. The problem is when I use my Ooma line to call my GV number, I have to wait for about 7 rings to finally see my iPhone respond!

If I call my iPhone from my Ooma line using the iPhone's # and not my GV #, then it takes 1-2 rings for the iPhone to respond which is expected. So any ideas why it takes 7 rings to get a connection from Ooma to my iPhone using a GV #?

Oh, one more thing. I noticed that after the 6th ring the next ring seems kind of garbled. It's at that point when all of a sudden my iPhone starts to ring.
#55553 by bw1
Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 am
Perhaps its related to the routing through both Ooma (VoIP) and Google Voice (VoIP) and then to the cell network.

It would probably require an Ooma and/or GV engineer to trace the call through the logs to see if it's a problem on Ooma's end or on GV's end.