Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#54914 by PaulShedd
Thu May 06, 2010 4:36 pm
I've been having issues with my voice mail for a week now. In the last e-mail I received from Ooma support it sounds like they are out of ideas as they suggested I look at these forums for possible solutions so here goes...

On 4/30 I noticed that people who call me are hearing this message...
“Please enter your area code and phone number followed by #, if you make a mistake and need to start again press the * key.”
when they should be prompted to leave us a voicemail message. We last received a new message on 4/28 (coincidentally that was right after last week's call log/blacklist issues were sorted out.) We have call screening enabled and can hear people going "what? hello, etc" if we don't pick up their calls. (I have also tried disabling call screening which did not help.) If I call and enter my secondary Ooma phone number and press # I am then prompted for my voicemail PIN and can listen to my Ooma voice messages from 4/28 and before.

I called Ooma support on Friday (4/30) evening and they had me reset my Ooma Hub and network equipment which didn't help. They then took down my information and told me someone would call me back. I was called back on Monday (5/3) evening and had to explain my issue again and go through all the same troubleshooting steps as I did on Friday, still no fix. I was told they would investigate further and get back to me.

I e-mailed support today (5/6) to see if any progress had been made and was told...
"We currently do not have any new information to resolve the problem. If you have additional information that can assist us in resolving your issue, please contact us. You may also visit the ooma forum for user submitted resolutions. "
Which sounds like "We're stumped, you are on your own, let us know if you fix it" to me...

So, tonight to rule out my Ooma Hub as the issue I disconnected power to it and power-cycled all of my network equipment. When I called my Ooma numbers from my cel phone I would get the message above immediately indicating that the issue was somewhere in Ooma's routing of my calls and not in my hardware. I e-mail support with my findings and am waiting for a reply.

The issue seems sort of similar to what some people who are trying to mix Ooma and land lines are experiencing, but slightly different. My land line was ported on 4/7 and was kept separate until the port. I bought the Hub in October and everything had been working fine until I had my number ported (yes the old Verizon wiring has been disconnected from our phone lines.) I have been having one issue after another with Ooma since then.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have any suggestions on how to fix?
#54921 by murphy
Thu May 06, 2010 6:19 pm
Did you set up your voicemail? Your description sounds like you did not.
Take the phone connected to the hub off hook and then press the play button on the hub.
If your voicemail is not set up, it will lead you through the set up.
If your voicemail is set up, it will play back your messages.
#55406 by PaulShedd
Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 am
Just wanted to share that callers have been unable to leave me Voice Mail messages for 2 weeks now. I received no updates from support this week so I e-mailed them yesterday. They told me...

"I apologize for the lack of update, and the inconvenience this is causing you. I have pulled up your trouble ticket and saw that the engineers are still working on this issue."

I've told them that I was fine with them resetting my voice mail completely. I don't need any of the old messages and would be fine with re-recording my greeting. Apparently they don't think that would help.

This is VERY frustrating...

:(
#55573 by Soundjudgment
Fri May 14, 2010 2:12 pm
What gets me is why this is a single-client situation and not something that is affecting the Ooma VM system on a much greater scale. :?