Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#54728 by gadgetnut
Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 am
Hi everyone. I've done a search here and not really found an answer to this. After fourteen months of normal function, for the last month or so, some callers are getting cut off at about the 30 second mark when they're leaving a message. They are invariably cut off in mid speech, not during a quiet lull. We're not on the other line when this happens. The strange thing is, it happens intermittently. Sometimes people can leave long messages, like three or four minutes. I'm not aware of lapses in my internet service. A call just came in a minute ago that I was unable to answer personally. As I heard the caller leaving the message, at 28 seconds she just got cut off in the middle of speaking. Is there an activity log that will reveal what's going on when this happens? Any suggestions? Thank you.
#54733 by gadgetnut
Tue May 04, 2010 12:58 pm
Yes, 5 minutes is what I thought. In the past I had received lengthy voicemails. Outgoing calls are never interrupted this way, just people leaving voicemails are cut off at about 30 seconds.
#54735 by lbmofo
Tue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm
I'd try testing some prolonged incoming call conversations and see if same thing happens.
Last edited by lbmofo on Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#54737 by murphy
Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm
Are the people being cut off female.
Any touchtone will terminate voicemail recording.
Female voices are particularly prone to being detected as a touchtone.
#54740 by gadgetnut
Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm
Answered incoming telephone calls of any length are not interrupted. The last two voicemails that had been cut off lasted precisely 28 seconds each when they were cut off. One was left by a man, the other by a woman. Just now I called my ooma number from my cell phone and was able to count to 75 successfully leaving a two minute long voicemail and I was never cut off. So this is an intermittent problem. After working properly for 14 months, I'm trying to recognize what may have changed to have this happen.