Call waiting - who's calling in?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
njmurvin

Call waiting - who's calling in?

Post by njmurvin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 pm

My AT&T land line let me know who the caller is when being interrupted by in incoming call during a conversation. The Ooma just gives me the tone. I liked that feature - knowing who it is helps decide whether to place the current caller on hold and answer or just let it go to VM. Is there any plan to add that feature or is it supposed to be doing this already?

njmurvin

Re: Call waiting - who's calling in?

Post by njmurvin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Never mind. I found this on another CW thread. Looks like it's a bug and they've been working for a long time to fix it. Hopefully, soon.

tommies

Post by tommies » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:22 pm

It's called Call-waiting-CID, and it works on my Pan cordless phone, but not on an old 900MHz.

BTW, I don't know if this feature is on basic or premier tier, either way, you are still on the free premier trial, it should work for you.
tommies

quebert

Post by quebert » Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm

tommies wrote:It's called Call-waiting-CID, and it works on my Pan cordless phone, but not on an old 900MHz.

BTW, I don't know if this feature is on basic or premier tier, either way, you are still on the free premier trial, it should work for you.
I had basic up until today and CW-CID definitely worked for me on my Verizon Dect 6.0 phone. I've never used any other cordless phones on my Ooma Hub but I would think if the phone supports CW-CID it should work fine. I know quite a few older phones don't support it.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Wed May 05, 2010 4:34 am

Call waiting CID doesn't work anymore. It did just a few months ago.

I have brand new Panny cordless phones. The CW-CID worked fine until ummm, maybe sometime in Jan or Feb?? Now it no longer works. I get the sound but no names so I never know who it is that is calling when I am in a conversation. The Panasonics also do not add that number to the 'missed caller list' if I don't pick up the flash.

I do know it was on the "fix list" at one time but I wonder what if anything is being done to fix it now.

I miss Call waiting-CID muchly !!

Donna

quebert

Post by quebert » Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 am

Leeway wrote:Call waiting CID doesn't work anymore. It did just a few months ago.

I have brand new Panny cordless phones. The CW-CID worked fine until ummm, maybe sometime in Jan or Feb?? Now it no longer works. I get the sound but no names so I never know who it is that is calling when I am in a conversation. The Panasonics also do not add that number to the 'missed caller list' if I don't pick up the flash.

I do know it was on the "fix list" at one time but I wonder what if anything is being done to fix it now.

I miss Call waiting-CID muchly !!

Donna
Strange, it definitely still works for me, It must vary user to user I guess I'm lucky. I hope they get it fixed for you.