Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#54133 by havertown
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 am
Ooma hub, get dial tone, dial first number, dial tone does not disappear.
Any suggestions?

I used the same phone a few minutes ago to dial out on Line 1 when Line 1 was not being used...
#54134 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 am
havertown wrote:Ooma hub, get dial tone, dial first number, dial tone does not disappear.
Any suggestions?

I used the same phone a few minutes ago to dial out on Line 1 when Line 1 was not being used...

Not sure I understand your question, but to use the second line to make two calls simultaneously, you will need a Scout connected to your Ooma Hub.
#54136 by havertown
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 am
yes, have a scout connected and have used in the past successfully.
I can hear dial tone on Line 2.
But when I try and dial out now, the call won't connect, all I hear is the dial tone constantly. The ooma dial tone doesn't go away when I start to dial.
#54137 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 am
havertown wrote:yes, have a scout connected and have used in the past successfully.
But when I try and dial out now, the call won't connect, all I hear is the dial tone constantly. The ooma dial tone doesn't go away when I start to dial.

Try a different phone and/or phone cord connected to the Scout.
#54139 by havertown
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 am
Groundhound wrote:
havertown wrote:yes, have a scout connected and have used in the past successfully.

Try a different phone and/or phone cord connected to the Scout.

Thanks for trying to help.
Why should that make a difference though? Just trying to understand...
I can dial out on the same phone/cord when someone else isn't using Line 1?
#54144 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 am
Try a factory reset on the Hub by holding down the Ooma tab (it's a switch) for 30 seconds while powering the Hub up. Hold down tab>plug in power>continue holding down tab for 30 sec. Afterwords, plug in and power up the Scout. You will need to re-enter any custom settings in the Hub's setup.
#54145 by havertown
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 am
Groundhound wrote:Try a factory reset on the Hub by holding down the Ooma tab (it's a switch) for 30 seconds while powering the Hub up. Hold down tab>plug in power>continue holding down tab for 30 sec. Afterwords, plug in and power up the Scout. You will need to re-enter any custom settings in the Hub's setup.

thanks, will try sometime tonight - appreciate the help