Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#52393 by vexangel
Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 am
This is just a thought but you could threaten to take your problem to the PUC; Public Utility Commission. It may help in getting them to fix the problem. If that does not work you could try threatening them with the FCC. At that point they may get you to a supervisor or corporate. I work for a phone company and I know that this is not an acceptable problem for you to be having and to not have it fixed yet. If you are paying for Ooma services monthly then you should ask for some if not all of your monthly rate back for the time it has not been working.
#52436 by southsound
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm
vexangel wrote:This is just a thought but you could threaten to take your problem to the PUC; Public Utility Commission. It may help in getting them to fix the problem. If that does not work you could try threatening them with the FCC. At that point they may get you to a supervisor or corporate. I work for a phone company and I know that this is not an acceptable problem for you to be having and to not have it fixed yet. If you are paying for Ooma services monthly then you should ask for some if not all of your monthly rate back for the time it has not been working.

Did you somehow miss the post where the OP said things were working well now? It seems a little harsh to threaten to take a problem to the FCC when the problem has been fixed. Yes, it showed how bad customer service can be in extreme and unusual circumstances - but once fixed, the OP is happy with the current quality and operation of the unit. So just how would your complaint be worded? "Dear FCC, I had a really bad experience with ooma and although my system is working now, I would like you to do something about it!" I'm sure the FCC would rather go after companies who willfully do something wrong - and although the FCC and PUC regulate the phone company you work for, I am not sure how much sway they have over ooma.

Bottom line, poor customer service and a vocal unhappy customers make for a failed company. I am sure that ooma regrets the bad service the OP has experienced. Other than fixing it, what can or shoud they do? I had my landline service go out for almost a week recently because a rodent ate through a fiber cable. My DSL still worked, so I just switched numbers using Google Voice. Funny thing - my phone company never offered to give me a refund or anything else. Same was true when 3 of the 4 trunks that serve my RTE went down and most of our island had dialup speeds with our DSL. No compensation for the low speeds. And I also worked for ATT and Pacific Telesis in a past life.