Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#50634 by klcoll
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:21 pm
My number was successfully ported today. Well, mostly successfully. Now when I try to access voicemail, I'm prompted to enter my phone number, as if I'm calling from outside. I do so, then I'm prompted for my PIN. The old PIN I'd set up with the temporary line doesn't work. I tried a bunch of other generic stuff like 1234, 0000, etc... no dice. Help! I'm dreading calling Ooma support, and don't know if they'll even answer my email inquiry.
#50636 by klcoll
Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:30 pm
Ok, somehow my old temp number is still tied to my voicemail. If I enter that number and my PIN, I'm ushered into my voicemail. But that number is now defunct. How do I get the new number tied to my VM? I ASSume this should have happened at the same time the porting occurred. I've rebooted the Ooma hub twice, that didn't change anything. For now, I have no voicemail, because any outside caller is prompted to enter the phone# and PIN. Thanks for any suggestions on how to resolve.
#50655 by murphy
Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 am
You have to set up the voice mail for the ported number. Take the phone off hook and push the play button and follow the prompts. One of those prompts will ask you to create the pin.
#50715 by klcoll
Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm
murphy wrote:You have to set up the voice mail for the ported number. Take the phone off hook and push the play button and follow the prompts. One of those prompts will ask you to create the pin.

No dice. When I try that, same thing happens I described above. I'm prompted to enter my phone# and area code, then after that, my PIN. My PIN doesn't work. If instead of the newly-ported number, I enter the temporary number (which is no longer in use), then it works fine with my PIN and I'm ushered into voicemail.. but it's completely tied to the old number. Any caller calling from the outside hears exactly the same thing - enter phone number and PIN, if it rings 4 times and tries to go to voicemail.

Looks like I'll have to call support.