Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#50613 by PTS
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm
When listening to a VM message the envelope information is not played until after the message. I want to listen to this before the message is played like the other VM systems I'm familiar with. I'm not able to find a setting that controls this feature.
#50622 by DTMF
Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 pm
There is no other option. That's just the way it works.

If you listen to the messages in email or on my.ooma.com, you'll know the date and time they arrived before you listen to them.
#50624 by tommies
Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 pm
PTS wrote:When listening to a VM message the envelope information is not played until after the message.

It's the way it is with the answering machine in my Panasonic cordless phone and my ATT mobile mailbox.
#50775 by PTS
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:27 pm
Message envelope info plays first with my now former home phone service, Verizon. As it does with my Verizon Wireless account and my office voice mail system with Comcast Digital Voice.

This should be a configurable setting.

On a slightly different topic can Ooma play a fast busy sound to preclude the dial tone as an indication that un-heard voice mail messages exist as many other voice mail systems do?