Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#50151 by sparkylb
Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:15 am
In Ooma's VM app, the fields present are: FROM, DATE, DURATION, and ACTION. For every call that goes to VM, it always says that it's FROM my phone number. I would have expected to see the caller's phone number instead of mine. Is this operating as designed, or just another manifestation of being in the process of a port?
#50246 by sparkylb
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:57 pm
Well, maybe I was unclear in my previous description.

When I go online to My Ooma to check voicemail, all the incoming calls are listed as coming from MY phone number. Is it supposed to be this way, and is the "from" field simply a reflection that I'm looking at voicemails for MY ooma account?

It doesn't seem to me like it should be this way, but honestly, I've seen some strange behaviors since I joined 20 days ago, and I'm hoping when my port is complete (tomorrow, hopefully), things will all miraculously begin to work perfectly.

For example:
1. I can't press the star key to get my voicemails using my cell phone. I've read that the Telo unit doesn't recognize numbers entered from phones??
2. I have no incoming caller ID. (It was explained to me that this is because I'm in the process of porting).
3. I have privacy set to have caller ID blocked calls go directly to voicemail, but this doesn't happen.
4. In my call log online, most every incoming call lists the number as "unknown" but a few do get recognized, such as my cell phone. So I clicked on my cellphone and "added contact" and listed my own name. I did this in the hopes that next time I called my home from my cell, it would perhaps show "me" on caller ID, or at the very least, list my name online on the call log. But, alas, I'm still "unknown" both on caller ID and on my online call log.
5. Despite the number of rings I set for the voice mail to "pick up" after, it always picks up after 4 rings. I've set it to 3, and 2 rings, and this has no effect on the fact that the phone calling my home phone will ring 4 times before VM picks up.

I'm not feeling 100% confident that after my port, I'm going to see everything start to work exactly as designed.

But I'll report back! In the interim, I'd love it if you did too. Give a guy some encouragement!! :P
#51378 by sparkylb
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 am
I'm happy to say my port went thru today and every issue is resolved. Seems the problem was with my old provider and landline integration. The wall plug is pulled! Call quality is exceptional. Great product!