Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#49404 by pclose
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 am
Call waiting does not work from a cordless handset. Phone is a uniden dect 6.0 phone with a wired handset in the base and one cordless handset. I set the Ooma hub up at the service entrance for cable internet in my basement and run the one phone line up to the wall mounted Uniden in the kitchen upstairs. My setup is very clean and I do not use the hub as it is inaccessible... I do not know if call waiting works from the hub as it does not matter. I only want to use call waiting from the wireless handset. I posted this prior to phone number porting and was told that it would work after the port. It has been 6 weeks since complete port and it still does not work.

If I try to use the feature by pressing "flash" call #1 sounds like it goes to hold and call #2 does not come on (just dead air) when I try to get call #1 back by pressing flash again, call #1 is dead air...I have to hang up on two people. Then, adding insult to injury, the phone rings to indicate I've left a call on hold. If I pick it up there is dead air. This is beat.

Any advice is appreciated!