Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#49384 by larrys1
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 am
Does anyone know if you can call your Ooma number from another location and retrieve your VM? I know alot of services let you do that. As soon as your VM answers, you hit * or # to interupt, enter a passcode and then retrieve messages. I just hadn't seen this listed anywhere and was curious about it. If it's not available, it might make a good suggestion for the future.
#49385 by Groundhound
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:33 am
larrys1 wrote:Does anyone know if you can call your Ooma number from another location and retrieve your VM? I know alot of services let you do that. As soon as your VM answers, you hit * or # to interupt, enter a passcode and then retrieve messages. I just hadn't seen this listed anywhere and was curious about it. If it's not available, it might make a good suggestion for the future.

Yes, it works by pressing * and then your PIN.
#49387 by hpepper
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 am
...and then one more little trick some people do.

If you are having unidentified calls going directly into VM as set up in my.ooma.com, then you can call your home number with your cell phone preceded by *67 then you will go directly to VM where you can then press * then your password. This way, you can check VM without having your call picked up if someone is at home.
#49405 by larrys1
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 am
Groundhound wrote:
larrys1 wrote:Does anyone know if you can call your Ooma number from another location and retrieve your VM? I know alot of services let you do that. As soon as your VM answers, you hit * or # to interupt, enter a passcode and then retrieve messages. I just hadn't seen this listed anywhere and was curious about it. If it's not available, it might make a good suggestion for the future.

I just tried it and it didn't work. I got a message saying, "I'm sorry. You must access your voicemail using your primary phone. Please try again using your primary phone". The whole point is to check your VM from a different location.
#49412 by murphy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:01 am
larrys1 wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

I just tried it and it didn't work. I got a message saying, "I'm sorry. You must access your voicemail using your primary phone. Please try again using your primary phone". The whole point is to check your VM from a different location.

That sounds like you never set up your voice mail. Did you?
#49463 by larrys1
Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm

That sounds like you never set up your voice mail. Did you?

Don't know. I thought I did. I'll check tonight when I get home.