Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#48212 by OldMacGuy
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm
I have an Ooma Telo with a second phone number installed using a different area code (state).
I want to identify which phone number is being called. However, when either phone number is called, the Telo unit shows it as line (1).
Is there a way to have one number ring on line (1) and the other number ring on line (2)? Or is there some other way to identify which phone number is ringing other than the ring sound?
#48214 by mthomtech
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm
You can set-up different rings in my.ooma.com

Alternatively, you could set up one number as a personal device to ring on a specific handset.
#51669 by iamhives
Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am
This is a basic flaw that i find troublesome also. Would be nice to have two line jacks vs 1 that connects to two numbers, Using the hub and scout is the closest way to get two hard coded lines but there are a few quirks with this also
#51675 by murphy
Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm
iamhives wrote:This is a basic flaw that i find troublesome also. Would be nice to have two line jacks vs 1 that connects to two numbers, Using the hub and scout is the closest way to get two hard coded lines but there are a few quirks with this also

The only way I am aware of to do that with a Telo is to use two Telo's.