Identifying which phone line is being called

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
OldMacGuy

Identifying which phone line is being called

Post by OldMacGuy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm

I have an Ooma Telo with a second phone number installed using a different area code (state).
I want to identify which phone number is being called. However, when either phone number is called, the Telo unit shows it as line (1).
Is there a way to have one number ring on line (1) and the other number ring on line (2)? Or is there some other way to identify which phone number is ringing other than the ring sound?

mthomtech

Re: Identifying which phone line is being called

Post by mthomtech » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 pm

You can set-up different rings in my.ooma.com

Alternatively, you could set up one number as a personal device to ring on a specific handset.
Ooma Customer since March 2009
Ooma Hardware: Hub/Scout(2) and Telo
Premier Member

iamhives

Post by iamhives » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

This is a basic flaw that i find troublesome also. Would be nice to have two line jacks vs 1 that connects to two numbers, Using the hub and scout is the closest way to get two hard coded lines but there are a few quirks with this also

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm

iamhives wrote:This is a basic flaw that i find troublesome also. Would be nice to have two line jacks vs 1 that connects to two numbers, Using the hub and scout is the closest way to get two hard coded lines but there are a few quirks with this also
The only way I am aware of to do that with a Telo is to use two Telo's.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx