Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#47372 by Karl in NY
Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:35 pm
Everything has been working fine for over a month until today.
Today, my number was ported from Verizon landline.

Now, certain called numbers fail to ring and just return a fast-busy signal.
Both problem numbers worked OK until today.
Both problem numbers have Time-Warner VOIP phone service (and, I have TW as a cable ISP).

Any ideas what's going on?

The situation is critical as those two numbers account for 75% of my calling.

I am assuming that the problem is connected to the porting.
#47512 by BWT
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Karl,

I get the same thing on my Telo unit. For some reason I can call local numbers in my area and my wife's out of area cell phone, but upon calling my own out of area cell number, I get one brief ring then silence.

Have tried rebooting, etc to no avail.
#47527 by whn
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 pm
BWT wrote:Karl,

I get the same thing on my Telo unit. For some reason I can call local numbers in my area and my wife's out of area cell phone, but upon calling my own out of area cell number, I get one brief ring then silence.

Have tried rebooting, etc to no avail.

are you guys having trouble calling 800 numbers?

877-547-7272

or so
#47555 by Karl in NY
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm
I tried that 877 number and it went through OK.

The problem numbers for me are both local, and both are Time Warner VOIP subscribers.
Both worked until the day of porting, but, that could just be coincidence, I guess.

I did a Neustar lookup, and my number that was ported from Verizon (landline) is now assigned to
Choice One, as was my temporary ooma number. I don't imagine they would offer any support, though, and the email I got from ooma "support" was incredibly stupid, like "are you sure your Telo is plugged in?"

The numbers I'm having trouble with actually ring and go through about 10% of the time, the rest of the time all I get is a fast-busy signal. They were both 100% before porting occurred.
#48185 by ebspatch
Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm
I have the same problem, and am also calling a time warner number. They can call us but we can't call them. It has been going on for over a month.
#48187 by Karl in NY
Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:01 pm
I'm past the free return period on Ooma...porting takes longer than they allow for cancellation and refund...buyer beware, if you ever want to call a Time Warner VOIP customer.

I generally have to call a TW customer 20x via Ooma before I get a ring...I always get a ring the first time when calling with my Nextel cell phone to the same numbers.
#48198 by alancommike
Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:29 pm
I had this same thing this weekend. Tried calling a TW VOIP number 3x, didn't go through, so I used my cell. I called CS this morning. They tried the number and it went through. I tried it from my Telo and it went through on the first call.

I'm pretty disappointed in CS. Since the call went through today, they said they'd close the case. I asked them to change the case to figure out why the call didn't go through on Saturday.

...alan
#48490 by glenroebuck
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 am
i have certain numbers that do not go through or say out of service and I will use my cell and get right through. I have had a few times where people have called my cell because my home number says out of service when they call it.
#48492 by billcoff
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 am
i have called certain numbers where it rings a few times and then asks for my password. If i call the same number from my cellphone, it goes right through.
#48493 by murphy
Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:32 am
billcoff wrote:i have called certain numbers where it rings a few times and then asks for my password. If i call the same number from my cellphone, it goes right through.

Go to your Ooma account at my .ooma.com and disable the connection tone.