Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#47316 by caseybea
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 am
Hi-- a question for someone out there with CORE service. I currently still have 'premiere', but cannot do the following test because I don't have just the 'core' service-- yet. I need to wait to have my premiere expire (I am not opting to buy it at this time..).

The question is: With CORE service: If someone calls, and the voicemail has picked up-- what happens if/when you pick up the handset and try to answer the call? (as in, you didn't quite get to the phone in time, someone is starting to leave a message, and you want t pick up...).
#47319 by murphy
Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 am
I have no idea what actually happens, and no way to test it, but call screening is a Premier feature so I would expect that you would not be able to pick up the call once it has gone to voice mail.
#47322 by caseybea
Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 am
Yup, it appears you're correct (although after some searching, as recent as Nov 2009, Ooma had advertised Call Screening as part of the CORE service).

I think I'll simply address this by making the number of seconds for voicemail to pick up a little longer than I have had with our old answering machine. That way, if by 'x' rings nobody has yet answered, it really means we're not home. ;-)
#47732 by sfhub
Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:55 pm
caseybea wrote:Yup, it appears you're correct (although after some searching, as recent as Nov 2009, Ooma had advertised Call Screening as part of the CORE service).

On the back panel of the Ooma Core product box that I have it lists "Screen your calls with the Broadband Answering Machine" with the Premiere features.

Does your box say something different?
#47769 by caseybea
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:26 am
I was referring to something Ooma had online; it has subsequently been removed.

My question's been answered, if I want the behavior I mentioned, I need premiere it seems. Once Ooma adds a bit more value to premiere, I'll probably get it.
#47797 by mthomtech
Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 am
I don't know if you tried this out when you were testing Premier, but the voicemail attachments in email are another awesome feature of Premier! If works fantastic on my iPhone, so I can get voicemails immediately wherever I am.

Between those voicemail attachments, call screening, send to voicemail (do not disturb) and instant second line ... Premier has been well worth it for me.