Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#47058 by bamasteve
Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:43 pm
I've done several searches on Google Voice and Ooma and only get hits that give a very generic description of what the Ooma upgrade is (having GV extensions).

Now that I finally have the GV # and Ooma preimere up and running, I'm wondering when the new upgrade is going to take place? Any ideas?

I'm also wondering how you can combine the two service? Seems you can't vary the number of rings before GV voicemail picks up like you do in ooma. And it looks like a voicemail in GV won't trigger the voicemail light on an Ooma phone.

Seems to me that if you use the GV front end, that the ooma backend functions don't kick in, unless these integration extensions in some way provide hooks between the services.

Anyone know how and when GV and ooma will some day work together?

Thanks,

Steve
#47100 by ggilman
Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:39 pm
This was posted on Rich Buchanan's twitter dated Feb 3rd.
Just checked Engineering. GVE goes beta this week. PureVoice and Blue tooth beta next week. iPhone/SIP goes after that.

http://twitter.com/richbuchanan

Nothing else has been said about a date or even exactly what the Google Voice Extensions are that I'm aware of.