Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#42121 by Sauropod
Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm
I have a Telo installed. It receives calls, sends calls, and captures voice mails just fine. However whenever a person calls and leaves a VM when they hang up Telos tays connected and then records the "if you'd like to make a call please hang up" followed by that loud "beep-beep-beep-beep" sound of when an old phone is left off the hook too long.

Any ideas how I can get the Telo to hang up when my message leaver hangs up? I can disconnect the call manually but that doesn't work when I am not at home.

Thanks!
#42149 by amoney
Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:48 am
To clarify your using Ooma voice mail correct? Not a stand alone answering machine. I know when I use my stand alone answering machine it captures the Ooma tone when the caller hangs up. I really wish Ooma would knock that off. Pehaps its something similar to that effect that is keeping the call active and not properly disconnecting?

Note the VM is actually being stored at Ooma servers, I dont think the Telo box is actually doing the recording.